2010 EXPI EL - Rear Air Not Cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ggarriga

Reaction score
This started yesterday. Front is fine, but rear A/C is not blowing cold. I hear a whining sound in the rear like the coolant is trying to "spool up." I also noticed that the usual condensation drip around the exhaust area is not there. We are going on a road trip today and we are going to have to tough it out. Fortunately, this is the last hot day I think we will have. I am in between jobs and hope I can hold off until spring to fix it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

OP
OP
ggarriga

ggarriga

Reaction score
OK. So now the REAR air will blow cold but the front will not blow cold. Any suggestions? How much is this going to cost me? LOL

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are numerous threads on here that cover ac problems. Some want a "quick fix" but to repair it correctly takes diagnosis. Diagnosis will always include system pressures - static - idle and running at a higher rpms.

To answer your question, usually if you don't turn the wrenches yourself, expect a pretty hefty bill.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One thing that you can do on your own that's fairly simple, is locate ac lines in rear, activate Ac, and see if pipes are cold or warm.Cold is good, tells you compressor is compressing, and freon is charged. Same up front on ac condenser. But yeah, unless your lucky, I never am, it's gonna cost a few $ to fix.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Copper93

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you checked the pressures? Front and rear A/C units are very picky about refrigerant charges. They run off the same compressor, the lines split and provide refrigerant to the coils.