2010 headlights/foglights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
People aren't buying them to put halogens in them. lol. It's a warranty gimmick. There's no evidence they won't work with HID/LED. There are thousands of other owners that differ from you. Just look at any auto forum for owners that install Spyder headlights. When people replace their headlights they most likely put HID/LED in them.

Believe it! Frustration mounted and into the garbage it went. I need to remove all the plastic panel poppers from the wheel fender to gain access to the bulb and ballast. Getting access to the headlights isn't easy either. It's a tight fit with the headlights installed. Removing the headlight isn't an option because you pull the bumper; which I've done twice! Diode was the last straw. If that kit didn't last, I figured I'd try LED.

It's not an installation issue. I know quite a bit about 12v electronics.
Rather than continuing to jam up this thread with my facts and your opinion I'll move on. If you would like to pm me and discuss more thats fine. Good day!

Last edited:

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now let's be fair. You have a lot of great facts but some of the opinions expressed by others are also valid. You seem like a very purest and you say the only two brands worth installing are the two you mentioned and everything else is a waste of time or junk. There are people out there that are happy with what you call junk or waste of time. Some people don't care about the light scatter or the beam on the ground. They just want them to look like a bright white with a blue tint. This might be terrible for others on the road and might be terrible in your or my or someone else's opinion but to some people that's quite good enough.
I like all of the opinions. I have noted those two brands that way if I ever need a headlight I will definitely check into those but if I find something on eBay a lot cheaper like an LED that they've made the screw right into my plastic assembly I will probably try that first. Then, I might find out their total junk finding out what my personal tastes are or it might turn out to be quite good enough.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Now let's be fair. You have a lot of great facts but some of the opinions expressed by others are also valid. You seem like a very purest and you say the only two brands worth installing are the two you mentioned and everything else is a waste of time or junk. There are people out there that are happy with what you call junk or waste of time. Some people don't care about the light scatter or the beam on the ground. They just want them to look like a bright white with a blue tint. This might be terrible for others on the road and might be terrible in your or my or someone else's opinion but to some people that's quite good enough.
I like all of the opinions. I have noted those two brands that way if I ever need a headlight I will definitely check into those but if I find something on eBay a lot cheaper like an LED that they've made the screw right into my plastic assembly I will probably try that first. Then, I might find out their total junk finding out what my personal tastes are or it might turn out to be quite good enough.
If a product isn't maintaining the original optics, you gain nothing! 2 manufacturers do that and only 2 so far.

Headlights that are "good enough" cause unsafe conditions for not only the driver of the vehicle but also others on the road!

Do I care what you or anyone does? Nope! But at least I can say I tried. Take it or leave it

Last edited:

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Looks to be a few more manufacturers building quality leds. Have a Look.

Last edited:

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If a product isn't maintaining the original optics, you gain nothing! 2 manufacturers do that and only 2 so far.

Headlights that are "good enough" cause unsafe conditions for not only the driver of the vehicle but also others on the road!

Do I care what you or anyone does? Nope! But at least I can say I tried. Take it or leave it

I appreciate your knowledge, experience, and opinion on the matter. That's why I asked about them.
Some people are willing to sacrifice something to gain something else... like 2 lower quality lights instead of only one or blue or purple etc tinge over better factory vision.
Just no reason to slam the other guy for not seeing--he he--that's a funny it your way.
If he says something is as good as something else and you know it to be false just tell us that has definitely NOT been your experience.
Some people have such different or bad eyes (maybe good too) that they don't see the difference. It's like adjusting a TV for color and tint. One person says it's perfect the other says its way off.
You can even try to argue lumens on the road or other things that can be proven but seeing them on use conditions is subjective to the person.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cool videos. Only thing they might be worth looking into...some of the cheapies were bright with good hotspot but too tall. They say this will be blinding everybody. Some people don't care as long as they can see better... But what if this light with tall beam was adjusted down just a little. They didn't do that.
They were showing factory adjustment with pattern for each.

Mubarakma

Reaction score
For starters spyder is absolute junk and are intended for halogen bulbs not HID. You run into the same glare issues with spyder as you would HID in a reflector.

Ballasts failing every 6 months is a pretty common for Chinese made ballasts which is pretty much whats been flooding the market for a long time. Stop buying cheap kits and you'll get a quicker warm up time and longer life.

As for Led, they are far behind hid and while in some cases are bettwr than halogen still should not be used in a reflector or projector. The only 2 companies providing led that maintain original optics are Morimoto or Diode Dynamics. All these other eBay brands cause a ton of scatter and typically don't last long.

I do my own projector retrofits and have been around the block with many different brands. Everytime I'm lead back to Morimoto, diode dynamics, hella, Phillips and osram for the best quality

View attachment 28284

View attachment 28285

View attachment 28286

View attachment 28287
Is it done by you?
It's Amazing

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Cool videos. Only thing they might be worth looking into...some of the cheapies were bright with good hotspot but too tall. They say this will be blinding everybody. Some people don't care as long as they can see better... But what if this light with tall beam was adjusted down just a little. They didn't do that.
They were showing factory adjustment with pattern for each.
If you lower the beam what happens to the hotspot? It ends up on the ground before it should be. The hot spot is what gives you distance and allows you to see down the road at night. The brightest part of the hot spot is in the center, it should be down the road not on the ground. Again, you would be losing vision.

Also lets not forget about the cap that sits In front of the bulb and why its there. It serves 2 functions, any idea what they are?

Hint: Aiming the bulb down directly defeats the purpose of one of those functions

As I said above, I don't care what anyone does but I'll continue to try and educate.

3221-2080l.jpg

Last edited:

CaptOchs

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The first comment on the first video says it all. "Let me guess...the headlights you sell will perform the best and all the competitors will suck." 214 thumbs up and 0 thumbs down. LOL! I would counter Headlight Revolution with which bulbs did they test against? There are a lot of low quality bulbs out there for sure. If they just picked random bulbs most are bound to be crap. It's up to the buyer to pick the best one based off reviews and research. Regarding some of the light beams in the first video I don't think it's a fair assessment because they don't look to be installed correctly. Take the one that is "scattered and too high." The "expert" says "you'll blind people." Well, no kidding. That headlight needs to be aimed down for sure. Different headlights will require different aim. That's a given. There were other beam patterns that were weak or the light was off different directions. That is a bad install as well! The light is that way because the LED isn't directed properly. I had a similar beam pattern on mine until I rotated the LED to direct the light properly. My LEDs can rotate 360 degrees to get the beam focused just right for the housing. So this "expert" isn't installing or aiming these properly. I didn't watch the second video. Who has 30 minutes to watch a video about headlights? If your "expert advise" and "facts" are coming from this guy, I am beginning to see where the problems are.

(mike drop)