2010 Horn mounting and wire routing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tgams

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I wanted to say what a great group of people you all are, learned a lot here! So now on the reason I've posted this: I was replacing the driver's side fog light and housing on my truck tonight, and for what reason I don't know why, right behind the fog light I found the horn mounted to the bottom of the body panel there, with a 10mm self tapping sheetmetal screw. Now, here's the deal, I purchased this vehicle used, and the carfax said it had been in a minor accident...slight front end damage is all it says, well some trans-cooler lines have come loose from their brackets, the fog light had a leak in the housing, and now I've found the horn mounted in what I know is no place Ford put it. Does anyone have a pic of your 2010 horn mounting location? Maybe the wire routing as well? If I can get mounted back in the right place, I'm sure the wire will reach. Thanks so much in advance.

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm currently sick but I believe my horn is visible from the driver side I'll mark this in my list & post a pic if someone hasn't yet by the time I'm outside again.

OP
OP
T

tgams

Reaction score
Hey! Thanks so much, I think there might be some parts missing, that the body guy decided wasn't necessary..if so, I'll probably make my own bracket for it, but it would really help to see where Ford had originally put it. Thanks again.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2007 horn is drivers side right behind the upper headlight assembly. I replaced it 2 years ago and it included new bracket.

OP
OP
T

tgams

Reaction score
i was thinking somewhere like that, possibly on the front of the radiator support frame, i think i should be able to see the horn through the grill, but i wast to make sure

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my 2016. I removed the grill and headlight for a better picture. @tgams trying to get a good picture of the wiring harness proved to be too difficult. There's always the option to get an air horn. 20190606_192359.jpg 20190606_192409.jpg

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@tgams sorry it took so long. Once I realized it wasn't easily visible I decided to wait for when I was doing something in the area. I removed my xentec hid kit because the ballast died after about 7 months.

OP
OP
T

tgams

Reaction score
No problem at all, I really really appreciate it! I've been looking at other trucks around parking lots and thought about crawling under them to see, but i figured it might be a good way to get shot!! Weekend project ahead! Thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1