2011 EL Limited Rear Overload Bags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TuxBlk11Ltd

Reaction score
New to the Expedition. Purchasing a (new to us) camp trailer. Looking at 27-29' ~7900-8200 gross, and I'm worried about the Exp saggin' and draggin' when hoooked up, even with the EQ hitch. I’ve looked and looked and it seems nobody makes an aftermarket rear overload bag kit for the Exp. I know this is mainly due to the strut/spring assembly being a 1 piece configuration.

Has anyone been able to fit some or possibly know if a company that makes one? I've wondered if the oe rear airbags would possibly work in that sense (hooked to a universal compressor), but I'm not sure if they mount the same as the coils.

Appreciate the help!

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With your Equalizer hitch, you should have minimal rear end sag, maybe an inch to inch and half. I was using my 2003 expy to tow my 7600 gvwr trailer and didnt have air bags in the back. Make sure you set it up right. I used 5 washers on mine and it was right. I don't know of any air bag setups for a expedition.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cfarnAK