2011 Expedition P0442

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Milkman

Reaction score
Hi all. Unfortunately I don't have access to a smoke machine, so I am kind of hoping there is something common with these trucks that causes this. I know I can ride around with it forever, it just sucks having a 100k vehicle with this stupid light on.

I have already replaced the purge valve, and cleaned the capless gasket around the fuel inlet. Any other common things that can trigger this code on this make/model?

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same issue with my 2011 SHO. I've replaced the purge valve at the cannister under the car (not sure where it is on the Expy) and the line with the solenoid under the hood.
I suspect that it's the fuel flapper thing or the charcoal cannister itself since the light came back on this week. I think the early capless fillers don't hold up as evidenced by the change in design for newer models.

I know it's a different situation, but maybe it will help you track down the issue if I can get this resolved.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all. Unfortunately I don't have access to a smoke machine, so I am kind of hoping there is something common with these trucks that causes this. I know I can ride around with it forever, it just sucks having a 100k vehicle with this stupid light on.

I have already replaced the purge valve, and cleaned the capless gasket around the fuel inlet. Any other common things that can trigger this code on this make/model?
Use a cigarette but don't inhale.......like Clinton

OP
OP
M

Milkman

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my 2011 SHO. I've replaced the purge valve at the cannister under the car (not sure where it is on the Expy) and the line with the solenoid under the hood.
I suspect that it's the fuel flapper thing or the charcoal cannister itself since the light came back on this week. I think the early capless fillers don't hold up as evidenced by the change in design for newer models.

I know it's a different situation, but maybe it will help you track down the issue if I can get this resolved.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I hope you do. I feel like it may be the capless assembly too at this point, I just am not sure I want to get into replacing that. #1 I suspect it will be an expensive part and #2 I suspect it will be a bit complicated considering we are talking about a glorified filler hose.

98nhexpy

Reaction score
Did you replace the purge valve under the vehicle or this unit (#3) on the backside of the throttle body? This was the source of my issue last Spring.
upload_2021-1-1_1-53-16.png

OP
OP
M

Milkman

Reaction score
I am pretty sure it was that purge valve. It was right up against the firewall, basically right between the drivers and passenger side, and was a lot of fun to replace. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69