2011 head rest are the worst!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobthegod

Reaction score
Hi All,

I got a 2011 Expi XLT. Love everything....well almost. The front seat head rests are tilted way toooooo forward. Anyone notice this issue and what did you do. I want to get them straghten up, looks like they need some bending on the psot. Anyone do anything differant?

bigblack

Reaction score
All 2011 and newer vehicles have these forward leaning headrests...I don't know why. My wife always ********************ed about the headrests in ours until my Mom just bought a 2012 Traverse. Those are even worse. One ride in the Traverse and it finally shut her up about the headrests.

dj2big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I find leaning the seat back a little more than usual gives me a comfortably seating position I also have to tilt the steering wheel down and usually I would have it all the way up.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
My Apple 4S is charging :)

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i remember reading about a solution to this on f150online. but its been a while. you used to able to just flip the head rest. but now i think the holes are a different size. but i also remember some guy bought some head rests off this site that were made to hold a little 7" screen. he got them for cheap cause he told them no screen. and just put a cover on them.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figure it's to support and cushion the neck better in the event of a rear end accident. Since it's closer to you, the head has less distance to accelerate backwards, thus applying less force to the neck.

As a side note, I've always hated riding in the rear seats of cars with no headrests. I thought there was some law going into effect (or already is?) that made rear headrest a requirement. Maybe these redesigned headrests are made to comply with this?