2011 to 2015/17 conversion, need parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fafinsab

Reaction score
Thinking about doing a conversion for the front and rear of my 11 to a 15/17. So everything except from the bumper bar fwd and up and just the trim piece that goes across the tailgate. Only way this is cost effective and makes sense is to find a 15/17 parting out and get all the parts locally. Have checked out the other threads and this seems reasonable and possible. Looking for any leads on parts in the Providence / Boston area. Plan is to document the entire thing on video/pictures for the forum and youtube, so plenty of opportunities to advertise for a parts yard or other business that helps with the build. Know there will be lots of comments, and right now it is just an idea, but I only have 50k miles and a 2020 at $80k is not super attractive, so a budget refresh seems to make sense. Let the spears fly!

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a warning if you have front parking aid the 15-17 front end messes with the 07-14 style (really ‘10-‘14) radar sensors and they don’t function correctly. If you have an ‘11 XLT without the front radar sensors you are all good to go. Sounds like you have a good plan on pricing as far as finding a totaled out 15-17.

OP
OP
F

fafinsab

Reaction score
XLT with sport package so no sensors. Thanks for the advice though, that would have been an issue.

OP
OP
F

fafinsab

Reaction score
Have a line on one with a bad tailgate that the trim might be good on but the front is totaled. Still looking for parts and advice!

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the tailgate I like the idea but the new trim will not line up with the old backup lights. Were you planning on changing those out also?

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You are right, my mistake. I had the 06 tail lights on the brain. Backup lights were at the bottom. I like this idea, Keep us posted.

zitrospec

Reaction score
Thinking about doing a conversion for the front and rear of my 11 to a 15/17. So everything except from the bumper bar fwd and up and just the trim piece that goes across the tailgate. Only way this is cost effective and makes sense is to find a 15/17 parting out and get all the parts locally. Have checked out the other threads and this seems reasonable and possible. Looking for any leads on parts in the Providence / Boston area. Plan is to document the entire thing on video/pictures for the forum and youtube, so plenty of opportunities to advertise for a parts yard or other business that helps with the build. Know there will be lots of comments, and right now it is just an idea, but I only have 50k miles and a 2020 at $80k is not super attractive, so a budget refresh seems to make sense. Let the spears fly!
any development?

OP
OP
F

fafinsab

Reaction score
Place I had lined up to get tailgate parts had already crushed it. Everything is available from dealer but does not make sense cost wise.