2012 Expedition Limited Totaled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had to get rid of my 2012 Expedition Limited due to a accident. Some guy came across the center line and almost hit us head on. I tried to miss him but he still hit us hard enough to turn me around 180* and throw me into the ditch. The insurance company totaled it due to frame damage on the left side. I had only 25,000 miles on her and she was kept show room condition. We purchased a new 2017 Expedition Limited. We love the new one.Expedition Wreck 1- 089.jpg

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to here, beautiful 2012 such a shame. Hope you enjoy the new one glad nobody got hurt.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What was he driving? The Expedition is a heavy beast to be blasted that hard. Glad you’re ok...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to get rid of my 2012 Expedition Limited due to a accident. Some guy came across the center line and almost hit us head on. I tried to miss him but he still hit us hard enough to turn me around 180* and throw me into the ditch. The insurance company totaled it due to frame damage on the left side. I had only 25,000 miles on her and she was kept show room condition. We purchased a new 2017 Expedition Limited. We love the new one.

Glad you guys are okay Barry. Sorry about your Expedition. Enjoy your 17! We love ours.

OP
OP
barrydu4

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
He was driving a Crown Vic cab. He hit the rear left wheel of my Expedition. It tore off the wheel and split the rim and pulled out all of the drive train. He was flying. I know if I hit him head on he would not have survived. The whole left side of my Expedition was damaged. Thankfully no one was hurt bad. My wife has some back problems but better.Expedition Wreck 1- 099.jpg Expedition Wreck 1- 091.jpg

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Wow. Glad no one was hurt too bad. The '17 limited is a nice truck for sure and the silver lining to your ordeal!

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congratulations on being lucky enough to have been driving a beast of a truck when you "met" the nut on Valentines day with your bride.....could have been real ugly.

I just turned 33K on my '17 ltd and love it. It's never been to the dealer since I drove it home...it's just been, well, perfect....if it wasn't, they would fix it, right? I do plan on a trip around the shocks with a mirror in the next 500 miles or so to check for leaks. Apparently, these are infrequent but if I have a bad one, I'll want it replaced before 36K.

Enjoy your truck!

jeff

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on being lucky enough to have been driving a beast of a truck when you "met" the nut on Valentines day with your bride.....could have been real ugly.

I just turned 33K on my '17 ltd and love it. It's never been to the dealer since I drove it home...it's just been, well, perfect....if it wasn't, they would fix it, right? I do plan on a trip around the shocks with a mirror in the next 500 miles or so to check for leaks. Apparently, these are infrequent but if I have a bad one, I'll want it replaced before 36K.

Enjoy your truck!

jeff

Man you put some miles on!!