(2012 Navigator) Sirius radio won't use rear speakers and subs, sounds like crap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I got the Lincoln version of the 3rd gen, loaded with goodies like the THX II audio and the Lincoln Sync...

I hooked up Pandora via phone bluetooth (which SHOULD be strikes I & II against sound quality), and the sound was THICK, even and kickass. Niiiice kick from the rear subs, and no farting or unevenness whatsoever, hear new layers to familiar songs even in the presumably over-compressed low quality streaming audio from Pandora, even over Bluetooth which usually makes things worse...

But it drains my phone pretty fast unless hooked up on charger all the time, so I bit the bullet and signed up for the allegedly-superior digital satellite radio from Sirius.

....but the sound is CRAP and only runs stereo from front two speakers.

I dug around in settings and it seems like the rear audio control is greyed out.

WTF???

Is there a fix??

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We had Sirius radio in our 14 passenger Ford Transit vans at work. And yes it was garbage. Sounded like a glorified Am radio. Pandora when hooked to a decent source can sound pretty good. Just like satellite radio like Direct Tv, or A t&t home stereo, theirs good and bad recordings. Personally I still like the sound of a well recorded CD or better still a Lp album recorded onto a recordable CD. With a quality moving coil phono cartridge, it doesn't get much better sound quality for the Suv than that.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So sirius always sucks?

Still... is there at least a way to get the darn thing to play through ALL speakers, at least?

It's not using the mighty rear subs ~at all~

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sirius subscriber for 10+ years in my Expedition. Fantastic sound quality in all speakers. Never heard of audio out of the fronts only, very weird as the tuner outputs left and right.

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sirius subscriber for 10+ years in my Expedition. Fantastic sound quality in all speakers. Never heard of audio out of the fronts only, very weird as the tuner outputs left and right.

Not the Lincoln THX II, it's surround with subs in the back, and has rear mute and separate source for rear headphones options (on normal inputs that ain't integrated Sirius, at least)