2013 A/C expansion valve location ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Owens

Reaction score
Can someone advise where the front A/C expansion valve is located on a 2013 Expedition? Its usually on the firewall or fender, but cant seem to locate it, need to be 8 feet tall to work on the engine.

Thanks

Steve

Last edited:

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Can someone advise where the front A/C expansion valve is located on a 2013 Expedition? Its usually on the firewall or fender, but cant seem to locate it, need to be 8 feet tall to work on the engine.

Thanks

Steve
Follow where the aluminum lines go into the firewall. The expansion valve is right there

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Not at either location. Anyone have a photo or the shop manual drawing? It's got to be hiding somewhere?
Do you know what it looks like? Its just a block of aluminum with a small power head on 1 end. You may not even realize your looking right at it. I'll see if I can get a picture of mine later today

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The txv will be before the evap since it regulates the flow into it. If you don't see it in the engine bay then it is inside the cabin.

OP
OP
S

Steve Owens

Reaction score
I understand how it works. I have the part from Ford, should have got the parts location drawing from Ford parts while I was there (they are an hour away) It's sometimes up against the firewall. Followed all the AC tubing and lines, Its just not in site in the engine area, I Will remove the glove box and try to locate. Not sure I even want to mess with it if its hard to get to. Worth the 1.1 hours at Ford, includes evacuation and recharging. (+parts and 134) Have an excellent Ford dealer here. Was hoping to locate and repair myself. Friend has the A/C equipment to evacuate and I have my MACS license.

Thanks for everyone help.

Steve

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Steve Owens

Reaction score
Thats what I needed. It is buried in a rubber installation pad up against the firewall, looked like the A/C lines just went into the cabin. Most are visible, not this one.

Thanks again..........

Steve