2013 LED Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

medicjack

Reaction score
Changed headlights on the 2013 I just purchased to Beamtech LED. I didn’t realize it had DRL but guess it does. Anyway to turn those off? Looks like the headlights are on at full intensity. Searched and found a few posts saying a dealer might be able to...any other way?

Lights look good at night but I am afraid they may be too bright for oncoming cars. Will test soon.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Changed headlights on the 2013 I just purchased to Beamtech LED. I didn’t realize it had DRL but guess it does. Anyway to turn those off? Looks like the headlights are on at full intensity. Searched and found a few posts saying a dealer might be able to...any other way?

Lights look good at night but I am afraid they may be too bright for oncoming cars. Will test soon.
I think that's in the manual.

OP
OP
M

medicjack

Reaction score
Went back and checked the manual. Only talks about when they are supposed to come on but not about turning them off.

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought only Canada models had DRL, I've never seen a 2013 U.S. model with them. But if you do have them, I would say your only hope is using Forscan to disable them.

Kjhawkeye1

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Just curious which Beamtech bulbs you are using and if the headlight is the stock reflector type. I tried some LED bulbs in my stock 2011 housing and they were garbage with less light than the old yellowish stock ones.

OP
OP
M

medicjack

Reaction score
I ordered the adapter today from Amazon to give Forscan a try.

I put in the Beamtech H13 bulb. I am not sure what type of lens this one is called. I assume reflector?

B6CFB6B9-3456-434D-8875-D31168760FAC.jpeg

C9A63A9F-1E7A-4F06-AAA7-C7ABAC99C208.jpeg

Kjhawkeye1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered the adapter today from Amazon to give Forscan a try.

I put in the Beamtech H13 bulb. I am not sure what type of lens this one is called. I assume reflector?

View attachment 39308

View attachment 39309

Those are the reflector headlights I have too and the bulbs did so poorly in. Light was scattered with one hot spot on the driver side. Was worried I was going to get us into an accident with them.