2014 strut replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blkmonday

Reaction score
the time has come for struts on my 2014. After researching the fronts it looks like I will pay to have them done...how hard are the rears to change? To save a few bucks i may attempt those myself if they are not to crazy. Havent decided on what brand to go with but it seems the Billsteins are on backorder so im considering KYB, Gabriel or Monroe...any pros and cons on those brands? Also thinking of adding a small lift so I can do larger tires next time around. Anyone do this to a 2014 and have suggestions and pics?

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the F150. Don't know if struts similar to Expy.
View, then decide if you need help.
Research GOOGLE for brand reviews.

(Good luck)

Last edited:

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You could look into the Rancho leveling struts if you're doing all 4 and considering a lift. I think the lift is in the order of 2" in front and 1" rear. Nothing big, it's only leveling struts. They are also adjustable if you tow or carry a load at times. I had them on my 2007 EL and they lasted a quite a long time (long 100k miles).

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

NTX2008XPY

Reaction score
1AAuto has a good video on changing the front and rear struts. I recently changed the front struts on my 2008 EXP. PO already converted the rear from the air ride to standard struts.
I ordered them from Rockauto. i believe i ordered the FSC brand. It was a pretty straight forward replacement. Nothing too advanced just removing and replacing bolts, no special tools needed. It made a big difference in the ride quality. It also raised the front about 1 inch. I'm sure it will settle a little as i put more miles on them. Just my input on the task.

OP
OP
blkmonday

blkmonday

Reaction score
Cant find the Rancho struts for a 2014. In 2014 Ford changed the mounts on the struts in the front. Otherwise the ready lift would be perfect. Im leaning towards the KYB because of the good reviews but really don't like buying foreign made parts.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1AAuto has a good video on changing the front and rear struts. I recently changed the front struts on my 2008 EXP. PO already converted the rear from the air ride to standard struts.
I ordered them from Rockauto. i believe i ordered the FSC brand. It was a pretty straight forward replacement. Nothing too advanced just removing and replacing bolts, no special tools needed. It made a big difference in the ride quality. It also raised the front about 1 inch. I'm sure it will settle a little as i put more miles on them. Just my input on the task.
Does it ride rougher now?

NTX2008XPY

Reaction score
07Navi, no it rides really nice. stays leveler when turning and breaking but it is not stiff by anymeans. I think the originals were worn out with 230K miles on them

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cant find the Rancho struts for a 2014. In 2014 Ford changed the mounts on the struts in the front. Otherwise the ready lift would be perfect. Im leaning towards the KYB because of the good reviews but really don't like buying foreign made parts.

KYB manufacturers all over the world. They have a large manufacturing facility just a few minutes from where I work. I deal with their employees all the time. There's a small city being employed there that you are supporting.

When I replace mine in the expy I'll be doing the KYB strut plus assemblies most likely. I don't tow, not interested in a lift, just want fresh suspension, best I can tell these struts may be original though it has surprisingly good road manners, just some bumps are getting harsh.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
KYB manufacturers all over the world. They have a large manufacturing facility just a few minutes from where I work. I deal with their employees all the time. There's a small city being employed there that you are supporting.

When I replace mine in the expy I'll be doing the KYB strut plus assemblies most likely. I don't tow, not interested in a lift, just want fresh suspension, best I can tell these struts may be original though it has surprisingly good road manners, just some bumps are getting harsh.
My new snowmobile even has KYB shocks.