2015/2016

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gblakeb

Reaction score
I am at Sync 3 2.2 now after using the non nav version. It requires using the usb update 2 times. I was able to successfully do it using a Mac. Now I just need to get the usb hub that provides CarPlay.

OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am at Sync 3 2.2 now after using the non nav version. It requires using the usb update 2 times. I was able to successfully do it using a Mac. Now I just need to get the usb hub that provides CarPlay.
Yeah my update1 fails and says I don't have enough space or something, even after doing a master reset. Weird. And you have a 2016 Exp Limited? Do you know the date of manufacture? Mine is sept 2015.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I did find this post and wondering if maybe I can modify the files to make it install less and just do 3 stages. https://www.f150forum.com/f118/curr...auto-information-360660/index171/#post5135735
I would not modify the install. Talked to the guy who created it, he said switch USB drives. He has seen the USB 2.0 Drives work better vs USB 3.0. He also said to make sure you are doing a full format, not a quick before you copy the files to it. He has helped 100's do the update, I am at about 50.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, CarPlay did not work after the update. If so, that confirms the need for a new Hub. Did you look close at the Hub and whether it is easy to swap? The Edge was easy.

gblakeb

Reaction score
Yeah my update1 fails and says I don't have enough space or something, even after doing a master reset. Weird. And you have a 2016 Exp Limited? Do you know the date of manufacture? Mine is sept 2015.
Mine was a September 2015.

gblakeb

Reaction score
So, CarPlay did not work after the update. If so, that confirms the need for a new Hub. Did you look close at the Hub and whether it is easy to swap? The Edge was easy.
Looks pretty easy to pull out. Haven't tried yet, but I'm not expecting any problems. I already have the tools to do it.