2015-2017 console wiring?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamretired

Reaction score
Need some help! I Bought this 2015 expedition from SLC auction, it was a Unified Pd police vehicle and came with a havis radio mount and arm rest on top of center console. I still can’t figure how they killed the interior lights from going on when doors are opened, but they turn on individually when pressed on? They gutted the center console, no armrest hinge, or box and no 12volt socket, no usb and etc. I bought a used 2017 expedition console with arm rest, box with hinge, 2 usb ports and 12 volt socket, but the wiring is different. When I dismantled the 2015 console I did find a ford usb full size plug FL1T-14D202-CA and a 3 wired connector with a yellow/green wire, a solid blue wire and blue with dark blue striped wire, buried in bottom of console frame. 2017 console box has a 12 volt socket and 2 usb ports, with a mini usb connector FL1T-14D202-BA, which looks like it is connected to only one of the 2 usb ports in box and 12volt socket wired with black purple stripped wire and blue red stripped wire going to 2017 console loom, which I cut off and usb lighted base wires I guess had a yellow green stripped and a white blue stripped wires which I also cut from 2017 console loom. The 12 volt socket wires I am guessing the black purple wire is the same but the blue red stripped wire is for 2017 and the 2015 wiring loom has none maybe uses the yellow red stripped wire?

For the usb in the console box I did try and use a mini to full size usb extension and it does not work, maybe between the 2 ford usb connectors has it wired different? 69 years old, always wanted an expedition and trying to figure how to get this wired right? Sorry for the lengthy post just trying to be clear. Thanks for any help I can get! And can't figure out how to attach some pics?

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FWIW; I bought the Green Book or the 15-17 trucks, specifically for the '16 but only a single switch is different than the 17. I warn you though...it's 1-1/2" thick and it's ONLY for the electrical system. Sounds like what you are looking for is more than a shot or two but I got mine on fleabay for cheap delivered. I'm just letting you know its' there.

Otherwise, "Lokiwolf" here knows a bit about the differences between the various usb ports. You might want to pm him.

jeff

OP
OP
iamretired

iamretired

Reaction score
Thanks Jeff bought so called service manual on eBad and not one wire diagram, was a pdf more with testing pins and etc.

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can't help with the wiring but the interior light not coming on when the door opens is a setting that can be changed with Forscan. Called "dark car" or something, obviously a police setting

OP
OP
iamretired

iamretired

Reaction score
I did the alldata thing as was posted and Yes Dark Car Feature controlled thru BCM, I do have a Forscan app will see if I can change the dark feature. I was able to learn some of the wiring and color of some wires, but nothing on fact I got a full size live usb in the console and how to convert it to the mini usb that came on the 2017 center console box. BUT thanks for the comments getting me this far. Found one connector that may work if the full size usb is able to be plugged into it? No picture of end opposite of the mini usb connector.
2015-2017 Ford Expedition OEM Sync Cable FL1Z-14D202-B

fxdwg

Reaction score
IAM,

Does that Expy have the Intelligent Access system? If so, would you start it, take the key fob away from the vehicle and then go back to it without the fob and see if you can put it into gear? This may lead the rest of us to the Secure Idle settings.

tia!

RogerD1959

2.5 Months Ltr, and Final Bill 22K+
Reaction score
Moving from a 2015 Full Size SantaFe into my 2016 Expedition EL which could probably carry the SantaFe, inside! Has been very satisfying! I did not know until now what the feature was called, "Intelligent Access," is awesome! Yup, you can walk away from it running, unlocked, and nobody can take off with it! Living in Wisconsin with our winters, having to be in and out of a vehicle all the time, that feature is gold! Sadly, Hyundai, could only manifest, "Stupid Mode" one the SantaFe, you could not lock it with the engine running! If you walked away from it unlocked, and the engine running, it got indignant with its beeping and poo. Ford, kudos, you got this idea right!