2015 ecoboost temp sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pilgrim

Reaction score
2015 with just over 100,000 miles. Temperature gauge normally reads about midway. Recently started randomly going to bottom, then back to middle as driving. Then "coolant overheat" message appears in the message center. Truck is not running hot and appears sending unit is faulty.

Here's where it gets interesting.... sender is screwed into back of passenger side cylinder head at the bottom, just near bellhousing. It is, so far, impossible to reach with engine installed. I've tried from top, underneath on hoist, and removed tire and fender. Can just see it through fender but can reach it with a hand. Connector needs to be unplugged, then sender threaded out.

I'm ready to burn it to the ground! Pulling the engine is not a reasonable solution to replace $20 sender!

Any helpful ideas?

coolzzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe it can be reached if you put the truck on a lift?

emtmark

Reaction score
This has been said for the last what ten years of the Ford let’s fix the motor after we remove the body strategy?!

6.0, 6.4?!

Take the truck off the Frame and repair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro