2015 Expedition with Very Loud Fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bws2015

Reaction score
I have a 15, its loud as hell too, one of the only things about the vehicle that I really don't care for, but oh well......

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 15, its loud as hell too, one of the only things about the vehicle that I really don't care for, but oh well......

So you like that there is no TPMS display of individual tire pressures, or no HVAC cabin air filter, or the “self unloading” rear compartment that lets cargo fall-out when the rear hatch is opened, or no hood-air light warning, or that it takes numerous steps to adjust the rear HVAC controls from the front seat, or the tiny storage compartment under the front seat armrest, or the very common aluminum panel corrosion on the hood and rear hatch, etc.?

Those are also things I don’t really care about on my 2015.

Timo2824

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm surprised people actually are complaining about the cooling fan moving air when it's needed. Usually the time people should complain about it is if it's not moving air when it's needed... On my mechanical fan vehicles I actually lowered the lockup setpoint to assist the cooling system earlier.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm surprised people actually are complaining about the cooling fan moving air when it's needed. Usually the time people should complain about it is if it's not moving air when it's needed... On my mechanical fan vehicles I actually lowered the lockup setpoint to assist the cooling system earlier.

I didn’t have a complaint about the fan moving air - it is the sudden extremely loud noise that occurs intermittently, and there is no mention of it in the owner’s manual.

I have owned vehicles for more than 50 years, and have never had radiator cooling fan(s) sound this loud.

I have had people comment to me while adding fuel that there is something wrong with my truck.

OP
OP
2015owner2015

2015owner2015

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So you like that there is no TPMS display of individual tire pressures, or no HVAC cabin air filter, or the “self unloading” rear compartment that lets cargo fall-out when the rear hatch is opened, or no hood-air light warning, or that it takes numerous steps to adjust the rear HVAC controls from the front seat, or the tiny storage compartment under the front seat armrest, or the very common aluminum panel corrosion on the hood and rear hatch, etc.?

Those are also things I don’t really care about on my 2015.
You missed exhaust fumes entering cabin when using outside air when vehicle is not moving for even a couple seconds. :)

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Send a video. Start in the AM, before the engine is hot, then turn on the A/C.

bws2015

Reaction score

Those are also things I don’t really care about on my 2015
:bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl:

Last edited:

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have had people comment to me while adding fuel that there is something wrong with my truck.
That’s when you say to them no, I have a vehicle equipped to tow over 9,000 lbs in the heat of the summer while sporting twin turbos. I’m happy to hear my fans jump into high gear in the heat of the summer it just sounds like reassurance to me.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s when you say to them no, I have a vehicle equipped to tow over 9,000 lbs in the heat of the summer while sporting twin turbos. I’m happy to hear my fans jump into high gear in the heat of the summer it just sounds like reassurance to me.

You make a good point. However, Ford should note in the vehicle owner’s manual that the radiator cooling fans are extremely loud during periods of hot weather - without towing or hauling cargo (just passenger use).

Although I do not tow or haul heavy cargo, I usually buy vehicles with HD features. I like that they often have upgraded features, which I feel may improve durability and longevity of the vehicle.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

After buying and using a vehicle, one often realizes how well designed some features are - and how poorly designed some features are (or completely lacking).

When I ordered my Expedition Limited - the salesman stated the vehicle had a HVAC cabin air filter and also the individual TPMS readouts. He lied.

Although I like my Expedition - there are just simply some poorly designed features of the vehicle.

Did I mention no way to tie down or restrain cargo in the rear compartment? A truck - build “Ford Tough”, and the engineers and designers did not design cargo tie down hooks in the rear?