2015 Expedition XLT instrument panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackhawk2002

Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded the instrument panel cluster from the standard two gauges with the little screen in the middle to the upgraded center speedo and two screens?

I tried to install one tonight and it wouldn't power on. Only the center gauge would light up and Forscan didn't see the IPC. Do I need to take this to the dealer and have it programmed? I have seen the F150's being plug and play.

I have already upgraded from the 4-inch radio screen to the sync 3 8 inch screen. I just need the IPC updated and the right steering wheel buttons swapped out from the normal ones to the menu control ones. I have one coming in the mail already.

I would appreciate any help.

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If Forscan doesn’t see it, it can only be 2 things: canbus wiring or power/ground wires.

If you just had the 2-dial cluster in there as it was working, I doubt power/ground is the issue.

Post a picture of your IPC connector, I’ll compare it to mine. I have the single dial cluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

blackhawk2002

Reaction score
If Forscan doesn’t see it, it can only be 2 things: canbus wiring or power/ground wires.

If you just had the 2-dial cluster in there as it was working, I doubt power/ground is the issue.

Post a picture of your IPC connector, I’ll compare it to mine. I have the single dial cluster.

Will do tomorrow.

OP
OP
B

blackhawk2002

Reaction score

Ok so here is my connecting on the Expedition. The next picture is the dual dial cluster and then the singlet dial. I honestly can’t tell any difference between them. Even the PIN numbers line up just fine. The only thing I can think of is that it has to be VIN coded by the dealership. I called one dealer today and they were a little confused. So I’m gonna call some other ones tomorrow.

D3C86830-84A0-4AD4-B5B1-08D344D3DCE6.jpeg

FBF71362-82DC-42BC-AEBB-8D14B62B95D5.jpeg

84647FFB-033B-45FF-BC26-3FD973C4A836.jpeg

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was more interested in wires and wire colors

nick d vicari

Reaction score
Ok, how do I and where do I get these parts to make the same upgrade to my 2015 Expy?Can you direct me to the website please.

OP
OP
B

blackhawk2002

Reaction score
eBay is a great option. I found a guy that does the Sync 3 screens on FB for F150s. And made that part to work. I am still working the speedo cluster. But you will also need a steering wheel from a Platinum trim for the steering wheel controls. It is a work in progress. I will post up final results and a full build list for anyone to see when I am done.