2015 Headlight Assembly Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are there any Aftermarket Headlights for the 2015+?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do they have different physical dimensions? Thought the 2015 change was just a facelift

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think, but I'm not sure that the 15s,16s, and 17s use the same headlight assembly. You can see from the picture below that it has a less gentle slope to the lower (wider) portion near the grill,

Last edited:

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
15,16,17 is a different shape than the previous years. Its very similar but not the same. I had a set here I wanted to fit into my 07 but a bumper swap would have needed to happen and I haven't found all the parts to get that done at a reasonable price

I hear retrofitting a morimoto FXR projector is almost a drop in replacement for the oem projectors if you have them

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is the Ecoboost THAT much more economic, mpg-wise?

Or is it the power gains that everyone digs??

Cause...modern turbo 6cyls are complicated, messy beasts with a gazillion sensors, mandated emissions components, and other things just waiting to go wrong and bite you with a complexity tax. Imho.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the Ecoboost THAT much more economic, mpg-wise?

Or is it the power gains that everyone digs??

Cause...modern turbo 6cyls are complicated, messy beasts with a gazillion sensors, mandated emissions components, and other things just waiting to go wrong and bite you with a complexity tax. Imho.
I haven't had mine long enough to really check the mileage, I have less than 300 miles on mine right now. But, I do like the kick you get from it when you hit the gas. The acceleration down an entrance ramp is phenomenal.

The sticker says that the mileage is 15 city 19 highway 16 combined driving. My 05 could get 15 on the highway at 70 and about 10-12 around town, but once you went over 70 mileage would drop to 14 MPG pretty quickly.

When we take our next long trip this summer I'll have a better feel for the gas mileage.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you tried shutting off traction control on the old one?

My '09 is a lumbering giant compared to my '11 bmw 335d (scary fast, tends to terrify people), but otherwise... can generally pass/pull away from just about anything if you pay attention and act decisively

I'm forever corrupted by my bimmers and looove that go-kart ****, but really feel no lack of power in the Expy...if it was at a dealer lot and the guy would be like, "but for just $--- more, you could get the one with the bigger engine option", I'd respond "nah don't need it"

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The old one is gone and it was fast enough, it had a lot of power and could pull away from most cars off the line but it took longer to get up to 70 coming down the ramp the new one accelerates a lot quicker. They both are 4WD and have the same rear gears in them.

It always felt like from a rolling 40 MPH it to the 05 about 5 seconds to accelerate to 70 MPH where the new one seems to do in in 2-3 seconds. That is untimed and just my subjective impression.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
YES the eco boost is imo great.
I had my 1st exp with the new setup in my 2013 f150 4x4 3:55 gears, traded it with a 2010 5,4 3:55 rear gears.
in the pickup i could get 18-19 highway at 75mph it weighed 5700 lbs empty
17 city we are rural so most of the city is 5-6 miles at 60 mph and a few blocks at under 30, stop and go, with one four way stop sign

the 2016 expy 4x4 with 3:73 rear gears gets a boost in hp over the 2013 engine. we went with the El to get the 3:73 gears, the 3:55s were good in the pickup as well. but the expy is a bigger wind killer and able to hold 7 warm bodies, we mostly have two and then our tow big dogs that really enjoy the rear leg room compared the backseat of the pickup
i drive real world speeds, as in keep up with traffic
we are rock steady after 10k miles to get 17.3 at 75-85 mph, with occasional 90 plus
city short trips will run up to 18 plus.
I can get 20 mpg on highway if i hold her back to 65, but thats boring.
and it weighs 6400lbs empty and flat shiiits and gets.
40 -60 passing is OMG fast and you will fly through 80 real quick in 5th gear.
now i did a couple hundred mile with the composite cross ties on the trailer, ran 65 as that the limit on trailer tires or at least thats the sidewall stamp. they weigh right at 300 lbs each and i had 19 on board, 5700lbs plus the 2000 trailer weight so just a shade under 8000 lbs out back
pulled down 19 the whole way home and almost no downshifting, it has gobs of tq.
yes its packed with computers and sensors, but dam fun to drive.

cross ties.jpg

Last edited: