2015 need help finding what parts I need for a Timing chain overhaul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swampmaster

Reaction score
need help finding what parts I need for a Timing chain overhaul back story I just bought this 2015 with 155k miles overall the inside looks new outside 8 out of 10 but i do have some noise in the cold start . So wantign to do the timing chain overhaul and replace everything to get back like new. I am leaning towards the Cloyes kit but i notice they dont come with VVT sprockets and not sure if you just replace sprockets on this year or Cam Phasers like on my 5.4. Just wanting to make sure I order everything i need before I start the teardown

Vdubnick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Edit: this is for a 5.4 3v, just noticed you have 3.5 eco... NOT the same

just went thru this...

depending on condition, you could get away with only replacing tensioners, and possibly oil pump.
1643225071430.png

Last edited:

Vdubnick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I was going to do my Navigator awhile back I ordered a complete kit from this place. They have complete kits both including OEM or aftermarket or a hybrid mix.

https://www.freedomracing.com/
yeah i used that site to build my list, then got all OE parts from best price dealer online. shipping varies widely, but varsity seemed to have lowest shipping and lowest price for 95% of it.

rowekmr

Reaction score
So buying from Varsity Ford is cheaper?

yeah i used that site to build my list, then got all OE parts from best price dealer online. shipping varies widely, but varsity seemed to have lowest shipping and lowest price for 95% of it.