2015 + owners. Is there anything you miss about the 5.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
34Ford

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea I definitely would not trade it in.

You have a point, as far as I know I drove it one time this year to get it inspected. Had to replace the fuel pump last week, I guess due to sitting.

The wife and I are enjoying the General more now.

IMG_20180716_173105931.jpg

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
You know what theres one thing the 5.4L does soooooo much better than the EcoBoost and that is at the top end of the rev line the EcoBoost falls flat on its face, after 4500-5000 rpms the EcoBoost doesnt do jack squat but scream with no pull power, the 5.4L on the other hand even if it too is designed like the EcoBoost by being a low to mid range power animal it at least still gives you the feeling for that even after 5000 rpms it is pulling and tugging along.

And new for new the 5.4L imo is a better engine for pulling and passing power, if the EcoBoost doesnt have boost and you try to pass someone all it'll do is scream till it finally builds boost but by then the person you're trying to pass can hear your engine roaring and they'll just speed up to block you from passing anyways!

As far as which I prefer more I am literally 50/50 between the two I dont like one more than the other or hate anyone more than the other.