2015 platinum or 2017 xlt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evetan83

Reaction score
For the same price and mileage, would you go with a 2015 platinum or 2017 xlt? Both would have the hd tow package and would be used as an everyday vehicle plus moderate towing.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IMG_0189.JPG
With the right options the XLT is darn near a Limited in all but badges. I don't need power running boards.

-- Chuck
Yep. Mine is a factory tricked-out 17 XLT.

Last edited:

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Depends on ur wants and needs. The platty will be smoother, more comfy, have updated stereo and slightly more convenient for daily driving. If the xlt has most options, it will be just about as comfy in its own right and will have sync 3 which most ppl like over sync 2. Other than that, id go with platty for increased everyday comfort

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Sync 3 in the '17 is a major upgrade from Sync 2 in the earlier truck. I'm unaware of any suspensions differences, these all ride like Town Cars.

Mine is just like Bobmbx's listed above less the 20" wheels. Color and all.

-- Chuck

OP
OP
E

Evetan83

Reaction score
How much do y’all pay for servicing? We were offered from autonation ford - 6 year/75k warrantee for $4,400 and a 5 year/10 visit servicing plan for $550. Wondering if we should do those. 2015 expedition limited EL with 38k miles on it.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Theres no difference at all except what chuck said. Ive never owned a sync 2 unit but have test driven fords with it including a 15 expy, sync 3 is far more user friendly but seems to lack some functionality compared to sync 2

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How much do y’all pay for servicing? We were offered from autonation ford - 6 year/75k warrantee for $4,400 and a 5 year/10 visit servicing plan for $550. Wondering if we should do those. 2015 expedition limited EL with 38k miles on it.

Not a chance I would pay that much.
If you have the cash invest it and make money on it and pull out funds as you need. You’ll come out on top.
A simple high yield savings account at 2.5% would get you about $120 in interest a year.
A little more risky but a wealthfront automated investment account has been yielding about 15%.
I pay $35 for an oil change and tire rotation every 5k miles. 10 visits only cost $350.