2016+ Hood and Tailgate Corrosion / Bubbling Paint Warranty Claim Approved!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guarantee you the body panels look completely different under harsh lighting from a detailers perspective, someone who actually knows what they are looking for in paint defects

Yeah, and if they bring a mass spectrometer, then I'm really screwed. They are sure to see the difference then. Guess I should have stayed with the flaking paint.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What swirl marks, orange peel? Sometimes when you don’t know what you are talking about it’s best to not say anything at all. I don’t look at vehicles with a magnifying glass and blue light, then again I’m not romantically involved with my expy.

I don't put much stock in advice given by folks who talk constantly about fixing their cars.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't put much stock in advice given by folks who talk constantly about fixing their cars.

You could always hit the ignore button. You don’t believe Fords body shops can match paint? Wow. In my early twenties I’m not in a position to buy a 2019, so I fix my stuff. I’ll remember that though, have a nice rest of your day.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What swirl marks, orange peel? Sometimes when you don’t know what you are talking about it’s best to not say anything at all. I don’t look at vehicles with a magnifying glass and blue light, then again I’m not romantically involved with my expy.
View attachment 31908
They are there. I promise. If you wash your vehicle with a mit or wipe it with microfiber you have swirl marks. Then they are gonna come in and try to match your paint, which they can only do with non tri coat metallic colors and you’ll have a nice new section of paint then crappy, faded, scratches paint bc I know for a fact they don’t measure how much clear coat is on the surface they are blending. Here’s a few imperfections for ya though

E8E82295-B64B-41B6-8611-16ABF7B11E6F.jpeg

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and if they bring a mass spectrometer, then I'm really screwed. They are sure to see the difference then. Guess I should have stayed with the flaking paint.

Misery loves company thats for sure.

You got a new hood? “It’s no good”. You just have to laugh at people sometimes. Glad you got yours covered and fixed up because reality is it’s too new to have corrosion bubbles! Ford stepped up and fixed it albeit “wrong” according to our in-house “experts”.

Last edited:

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The edges of my 2014's hood and rear gate (both aluminum, from what I was told) are flaking off. When I first saw this, I was like WTF????

I've never seen this on a 5 year old car, never this bad. It's got bubbles around the license plate area in the back too. Not impressed with Ford's Fisher Price paint! I can't wrap my head around what may be causing this...?

If I had a chance to get this done on warranty, the truck would be at Ford dealer the next morning... whether panels were to be matching or not matching afterwards.

:(

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In my early twenties I’m not in a position to buy a 2019, so I fix my stuff.

Respect! :waytogo:

Nothing wrong with fixing your ride yourself, I do it too whenever I can (except internal engine and tranny work) and I'm near 40.

When I was younger I had my cars fixed by someone else and it was never done as well as you could do yourself. I quickly learned that these guys earn a living on quantity, not quality. So... I bought me a Haynes manual and a bunch of tools!

(P.S. The 2018+ look like giant Asian minivans IMHO, so you ain't missing much, lol)

Captain Kirk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 31908

16 plati is a nattering naybomb of negativity. He consistently puts his foot in his mouth. If he doesn't do it or have it it must suck! Lol. What a downer he is.

Captain Kirk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guarantee you the body panels look completely different under harsh lighting from a detailers perspective, someone who actually knows what they are looking for in paint defects

Another one of your "guaranteed" facts? LOL!