2016+ Hood and Tailgate Corrosion / Bubbling Paint Warranty Claim Approved!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry, 16 plati makes a valid argument. Having had ISCA level show cars and painted many I guarantee I could walk up and instantly tell the panels were repainted. I would recommend having the vehicle buffed by a pro detailer before having the parts replaced so your existing paint is in top condition.

tecco

Reaction score
by any chance is there a "campaign Number" or any other reference to the warrantee coverage data on your paperwork that the rest of us with this issue can reference?

OP
OP
ynpmoose

ynpmoose

Reaction score
by any chance is there a "campaign Number" or any other reference to the warrantee coverage data on your paperwork that the rest of us with this issue can reference?

As of now, I have no paperwork related to this. They ordered the hood, badges, and tailgate, but they said the hoods are on 6-8 week back order. Once everything comes in, then they will do the actual work. At that point, hopefully I'll get something that I can share.

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
nnuEp6z.jpg

SO would I rather have to look at this all the time or have it replaced? I don't see a mismatch today. Maybe it will reveal itself as time passed. I had a Bronco that had one "Nicer" fender due to a deer strike. Do you think I liked that Bronco less?

PC Rob

Reaction score
So I'm wondering, I bought my 2015 Expedition new and currently have 66000 miles on it. I am wondering when you all got approved for your new panels and where do I find the change in coverage to present to my dealer because they just got my replacement tailgate in and want me to pay $1166 for the replacement!

RogerD1959

2.5 Months Ltr, and Final Bill 22K+
Reaction score
OMG! Y'ALL ARE SO HILARIOUS! My 2016 EL experienced a systematic failure of 3 module's, triggered by the failure of the LF wheel bearing and assembly. Mine has that fancy white paint, and the corrosion problems with the hood and lift gate. Since it was in for major surgery, I figured may as well bring up the paint problem and see what they were going to do. I'm the 3rd owner, and thought I would be S.O.L. The service Manager said, "Ford had a primer problem when the paint was applied at the factory. All colors are suspect. Ford has issued a blanket 5 year, no mileage limitation, replacement warranty for any affected body panel. There is no repair to be done to a compromised body panel. Your Ford dealer, even if you didn't buy your Expedition from them, must make up a list of all the messed up panels, match the paint, shoot that info off to Ford. Ford will paint, the new replacement panels at the factory and send them to your dealership to be installed on your vehicle. They have to replace the hood and lift gate on mine. The only other thing that the dealer can do is reapply any kind of paint sealant, like Diamond Ceramic, Auto Armor, you had put on when you first took delivery. There is no charge of any kind that you would have to pay for these repairs, Ford is picking up the cost entirely." Awesome! But isn't White really hard to match? Reckon I will soon find out.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

RogerD1959

2.5 Months Ltr, and Final Bill 22K+
Reaction score
So I'm wondering, I bought my 2015 Expedition new and currently have 66000 miles on it. I am wondering when you all got approved for your new panels and where do I find the change in coverage to present to my dealer because they just got my replacement tailgate in and want me to pay $1166 for the replacement!
You can take this discussion, or let Ford know via the Owner's portal, recommended, they will sort you out from there. As for your dealership, Ford issued a notification about this and how to handle it. Reckon they need to wake up, read their mail, and get with the program! Or they are trying to get paid twice, once from you, and the fix it claim they send to Ford. I will look around and send you what I have on this. I darn sure would not pay for the repair. Tell the idiots to get Ford on the phone with you there and get it sorted out.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk