2017 Expedition, Need Picture of the Rear Wheel Wells Where You Attach a Mudflaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm considering buying the WeatherTech mud flaps. WeatherTech makes ones that fit the front for trucks with power running boards but they say their rear mud flaps will not fit the EL and I can't imagine there is any difference between the standard wheelbase and the long wheelbase.

If you have a 2017 standard wheelbase Expedition, can you take a picture of the area where you would attach mudflaps behind the rear wheels?

Thanks in advance.

WTequipped

Reaction score
Hi Andy,
I designed the Weathertech mudflaps. I remember something being different with the rear contour or placement was off when comparing the regular expedition to the XL. It was a big enough difference where trying to get a mudflap to fit both Expedition versions would make a substandard part that wouldn't look all that good. I've got the 1st gen XL rear application on the back-burner to develop. Let me take another look at this next week by the local dealership.

P1080355.JPG

P1080357.JPG

P1080347.JPG

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Andy,
I designed the Weathertech mudflaps. I remember something being different with the rear contour or placement was off when comparing the regular expedition to the XL. It was a big enough difference where trying to get a mudflap to fit both Expedition versions would make a substandard part that wouldn't look all that good. I've got the 1st gen XL rear application on the back-burner to develop. Let me take another look at this next week by the local dealership.

Thank you very much Wally. I really want to have a matched set front and rear. I kept trying to find white ones but none would come close to matching the White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat paint, so I gave up on that idea. :)