2017 Expedition Rear Camera only works when it is cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Giaccamo

Reaction score
I have a 2017 ford expedition. The rear camera only seams to work when it is cold out side. Anybody else have this problem?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't have this issue, but have read about others having it on other vehicles. I would check the wiring at the tailgate. Ford doesn't do a good job of sealing these off from the elements.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2017 ford expedition. The rear camera only seams to work when it is cold out side. Anybody else have this problem?

iamretired

Reaction score
My 2015 backup camera is also intermittent, day or night mostly during the day, tried with radio on or off, shift back and forth into reverse, nothing changes just won't go on.

mike foster

Reaction score
2017 here with same issue. Mine hasn't worked for nearly a year, was intermittent then quit altogether. I used to think opening and closing the lift door (lift door, are we calling it that or lift gate?) would shake it back into action for a day but not sure. In any event it has come on several times in as many weeks, only on cooler mornings. We live in new orleans.

John D

Reaction score
Mine was very intermittent and then has worked fine for the last year! ... I probably shouldn't have said that though.

cmc3

Reaction score
Mine gets intermittent. Pull back the interior lift-gate trim., just enough to fit your arm down and wiggle the wires that go into the camera. Seems to need this every 2~3 years.

Jon1985

Reaction score
My 2010 EL Limited does this all the time regardless hot or cold to fix it either slam the door shut or I bang my fist where the camera is located fixes it ‍♂️

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69