2017 Expedition XLT EL w/Sync 3.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Greetings all. Just joined the forum, having upgraded from years of owning Explorers. Just picked up my 2017 XLT EL w/Sync 3, and the Sirius Traffic link does not work. So, I went to the Sirius Infotainment website for information. They have a pop-up that asks your for your yr/Mk/Model to find out where the traffic coverage is available, and Ford is not an option in the list for 2017s, but it is there for 2016s and earlier.

Is there an issue with Sync 3 and the Sirius Traffic Link service? I'm just beginning my search for info on this, and I assume there will be loads of posts on the subject.

Sirius.jpg

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I bought my 2017 Limited EL in February and it came with a five year subscription to the Sirius Traffic link and it shows up on my account but honestly I've never used it.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ditto....2017 Limited 4WD and 5 year subscription....maybe call your salesman? He and/or your sales mgr should go to bat for you to get it reconciled!!

jeff

Bigbadbull

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got a used 2016 KR and the traffic link works fine. Shows all the wrecks and slow downs around town.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Never even looked at the traffic link on mine. Guess I need to check that out

OP
OP
B

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ah...an update. Surprised? No.

SSM 46058 - Effective Sep. 8, 2016

2017 Ford And Lincoln Vehicles Equipped With SYNC 3 And Navigation – SiriusXM Traffic Not Loading

Some 2017 Ford and Lincoln vehicles equipped with SYNC 3 and navigation may exhibit a condition in which the SiriusXM Traffic Listing is not loading but all remaining Travel Link features operate properly. SiriusXM Traffic is only available on vehicles equipped with navigation, only in select markets and requires an active subscription to SiriusXM Traffic information. If SiriusXM Traffic will not load attempt the following procedure. Turn the ignition off, open and close the driver’s door, wait for 3 minutes, then drive the vehicle outside to obtain a clear view of the sky. SiriusXM Traffic should recover. If SiriusXM Traffic does not recover continue to monitor OASIS for future updates. Engineering is aware of this concern and no component replacement or any software re-flashes should be performed at this time. The SYNC version can be confirmed via OASIS.

Cy Webit

Reaction score
That's interesting. I bought a used 2016 from non-ford dealer. I already had XM account so I just added this truck and only selected the traffic Sirius Link option. A day later I have every Sirius option except the traffic link! Then 3 weeks later suddenly I had the traffic option working?! That lasted about 1 week, now it's gone.
I guess I need to call Ford and/or Sirius?

OP
OP
B

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update: It works. Probably has since birth. I live in a sparsely populated area, where local traffic, even at "rush hour", is never an issue. But, the other day I was heading towards National Airport when a voice cut in and said: "Faster route due to traffic ahead" or something like that. Scared the crap out of me. Looked at the NAV map and lo and behold...traffic data!