2018 Expo VS 2021 Tahoe test drive.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craigga542

Reaction score

That review is just painful to watch, and multiple things incorrect. I can’t wait for a different review to compare. Maybe Redline Reviews and we can hear about the doors shutting haha

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s funny to hear him say the Expedition is “struggling under its own weight”. The 6.2 is definitely more exciting to me if you are on the hammer a lot because of that growl and hard pull in the upper revs.....but come on. The EcoBoost ain’t struggling to pull the weight anywhere LOL, even at low speed.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After buying our 19 Max Platinum and seeing all the hype about the new GM stuff I was hoping I wouldn’t have buyers remorse. Seems I have no worries there. While I like the sound of a V8 (especially with a Corsa exhaust) over a 6 it sounds like the GM’s are slugs. While these aren’t race cars I would rather have more power and quickness than less. While the 6.2 is more powerful on paper it doesn’t seem to translate to forward thrust.

I didn’t really see anything in the various videos that made me wish I had a GM instead. Even the air suspension. My Grand Cherokee had it and I never really used it or thought it rode any better than anything else. It was nice when I did oil changes, I just raised the whole vehicle!

anyone notice to open the glass there was no handle? Have to touch the glass itself. Looks sleek, but...meh.

shifter is dumb. Location of drive modes is dumb. It also didn’t look like it actually had more room in the 3rd row. I can sit in the back of our Max comfortably and I’m 6’4”.

I read a review that getting to the camera is buried in a touch screen menu somewhere too. No thanks! Dedicated button like Ford has is much more convenient.

I’m still happy with our purchase. Now when the Grand Wagoneer is out I may not be so happy...we’ll see!

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It also didn’t look like it actually had more room in the 3rd row. I can sit in the back of our Max comfortably and I’m 6’4”.
That's 'cause the 2nd row seat positions are still fixed. I bet when you sat in the back of your Max, you slid the 2nd row forward a little... (The careful reader will note that this is where looking at specs on a piece of paper can be a little misleading. Because the 3rd row legroom number doesn't account for the fact that the Ford's changes based on 2nd row seat position, while the GM's is fixed.) I'm also shocked that GM kept the folding 2nd row which does not allow access to the 3rd row with carseats/booster seats installed in the 2nd row.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's 'cause the 2nd row seat positions are still fixed. I bet when you sat in the back of your Max, you slid the 2nd row forward a little... (The careful reader will note that this is where looking at specs on a piece of paper can be a little misleading. Because the 3rd row legroom number doesn't account for the fact that the Ford's changes based on 2nd row seat position, while the GM's is fixed.) I'm also shocked that GM kept the folding 2nd row which does not allow access to the 3rd row with carseats/booster seats installed in the 2nd row.
The second row slides in the new generation. But I agree about the folding mechanism. The tip and slide feature in the Expedition is great with car seats in place.