2018 Expy pic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CertusExpo

Customizing trucks since I was 7 with my Legos
Reaction score
I'm gonna reverse course. Everything looks the same more and more. Gonna find an OG SUV/Truck that has a rotor, points, condenser, etc, etc, etc.... old school carb too.

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm gonna reverse course. Everything looks the same more and more. Gonna find an OG SUV/Truck that has a rotor, points, condenser, etc, etc, etc.... old school carb too.

Hey brother, I saw an article last week that someone laid hands on the very first Bronco out there. I think it was down south, like Tx or Al. Vin # **********001 . That would be a cool truck to own!

jeff

CertusExpo

Customizing trucks since I was 7 with my Legos
Reaction score
(Sigh) Should've NEVER let my ex-wife talk me into selling my Bronco. What a waste... The money ended up being used toward a minivan for her.
:banghead:

johnmc

Reaction score
I wanted to trade my 2008 expedition in on a new one for several years but
I am not buying one until I see a normally aspirated V8 power train.

brick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wanted to trade my 2008 expedition in on a new one for several years but
I am not buying one until I see a normally aspirated V8 power train.

I had the same thought, until I drove an EcoBoost V6. My new 2016 Expy is way faster and better at towing than my old 2003EB 5.4

FisherPete

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I upgraded to my '12 to get the 5.4 while I could. I don't like the idea of increasing compression or rpms to compensate for fewer/smaller cylinders. The best part of the move to the 12 is that she gets about 30% better MPGs. Towing is as much a matter of gearing as anything ... HD towing with the right dif is key to happy boat dragging. ;)

rdlangston13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I upgraded to my '12 to get the 5.4 while I could. I don't like the idea of increasing compression or rpms to compensate for fewer/smaller cylinders. The best part of the move to the 12 is that she gets about 30% better MPGs. Towing is as much a matter of gearing as anything ... HD towing with the right dif is key to happy boat dragging. ;)

You are only half right. The ecoboost does have higher cylinder pressure due to being force induction but it absolutely does NOT turn higher rpms. It produces vastly more low end torque than its V8 counter parts. I have a 15 expy with the ecoboost and an 06 hemi ram and the ecoboost only has to turn 2500 rpm to get 420 lb ft or torque where the dodge has to turn 5600 rpm to get like 375 lb ft. My expy pulls my 5000 lb boat right at 2000 rpm at 70 mph where the hemi runs a minimum of 2200 and that's when it's not down shifting looking for more power to maintain speed.

Odd how no one minds high cylinder pressures in diesels but freaks out when it's a gas motor.

Also, if you are waiting for a NA V8 to buy a new one then you will never get a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnmc

Reaction score
FisherPete - your thoughts align with mine. I am suspicious of reliability especially. The vacuum pump out in the front of the vehicle seemed to be poor engineering as well. If I could get a good normally aspirated V8, I would by a new 17.

johnmc

Reaction score
On the never V8 comment, I suspect that myself along with many others will see the Yukon as a new alternative.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I don't look at it in a biest way as I do not prefer one over another, truly both are great machines for what they are, I could care less if it's a v6, v8 or even a v10. What I do care about is that in my generation I get to enjoy the pleasures of an internal combustion engine, something I fear my great grand children won't see,

where were we 100 years ago? Now where will we be in another 100 years?
Think about it...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thegerb50