2018 Expy, what is that noise I hear in the cab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can hear a very subtle "white" type noise in the background of my 2018 XLT Expy. Has anyone else heard it? It doesn't change in pitch or volume...always remains the same. Where is the noise coming from (speakers?)?

Dormammu

Reaction score
The new expedition has "active noise control":

Quote: The 2018 Expedition interior features enhanced active noise control that works like noise-cancelling headphones.

It emits sound waves that cancel out unwanted sounds in the cabin such as engine, transmission and wind.

That sounds like what you might be hearing!

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The new expedition has "active noise control":

Quote: The 2018 Expedition interior features enhanced active noise control that works like noise-cancelling headphones.

It emits sound waves that cancel out unwanted sounds in the cabin such as engine, transmission and wind.

That sounds like what you might be hearing!
I agree with this. My noise canceling earbuds do the same thing.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I thought you weren't supposed to hear the active noise? Also the other "fake" sound type thing is the motor sound that's pumped through he speakers...maybe there is a problem with that system that's making a noise?

d-mclain

Reaction score
There is on the climate control interior temp. sensor when it fail it will make a soft whirl noise sounds like a blower motor on low. see if the noise is by the vent on dash trim by steering wheel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT