2018 Expedition Binding Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3rd Expyowner123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2018 Expedition Limited with 87k miles, when starting from a stop in a parking garage, going uphill 3 percent grade according to dash off road, going perhaps 3-4 mph, as soon as I turn wheels slightly either left or right with the truck in motion, I feel binding and hear a very slight noise. I believe this is coming from the rear differential. My truck is 4 X 4 with heavy duty trailer tow. The binding occurs in both forward and reverse.
I had the dealer replace rear differential oil along with friction modifier, which did not solve the problem. I’ve read that some trucks have had issues with the IWE’s on the front, however this binding seems like it’s coming from the rear.
I’m guessing my rear axle will need rebuilt. I took my truck in once, and dealer could not duplicate. I think the problem is slowly getting worse.
I have a Ford extended warranty until 100k miles.
Any suggestions and tips from the community would be appreciated. I have an appointment to take the truck in again this week.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire