2018 F150 STX wheels on 2010 Ford Expedition EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpndrcn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My boss’s son has some 2018 F150 STX wheels and tires that he took off his truck with very low miles and I need to know what I have to do about TPMS sensors so that I can use them on my 2010 Expy EL??? Can anyone help me wit my this, TIA!!!

Here are my current wheels:

IMG_2353.png

Here is what I am looking at putting on:

7B8D3793-C2C1-4B7F-AFC7-650572BBDF20-3924-0000013A4CA3974D.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
tpndrcn

tpndrcn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My boss’s son has some 2018 F150 STX wheels and tires that he took off his truck with very low miles and I want to know if these will fit my 2010 Expedition El 4x4. I currently have 2010 F150 wheels on it , but those have larger extruded hub caps. My concern is the CV axles not fitting under the Ford logo hubcap of the newer 2018 wheels and if my lug it’s will work.They are both 20” rims and tires. Can anyone help me wit my this, TIA!!!

Here are my current wheels:

View attachment 33865

Here is what I am looking at putting on:

View attachment 33866

Also what do I have to do about TPMS sensors???

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Buy this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PNP9SVB/

With the wheels installed, drive the truck above 20mph for 2 minutes to wake up the sensors in the wheels.

Next follow this copy/pasta'ed procedure:
1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, then press and release the brake pedal.
2. Cycle the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position 3 times, ending in the RUN position.
3. Press and release the brake pedal.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
5. Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position 3 times, ending in the RUN position.
*The horn will sound once and the TPMS indicator will flash if the training mode has been entered successfully. If equipped, the message center will display TRAIN LF TIRE.*
6. Place the tire pressure monitor activation tool on the LEFT (Driver’s Side) FRONT tire sidewall at the valve stem. Press and release the test button repeatedly on the TPMS Tool until the horn beeps. (It may take up to 6 seconds for the tool to activate the sensor, Leave the tool on the sidewall for the entire 6 seconds). The horn beeping indicates that the body control module has recognized the TPMS sensor.
7. Within 2 minutes of the horn sounding confirming programming of the LF tire, place the TPMS tool on the RIGHT (Passenger’s Side) FRONT tire sidewall at the valve stem and press the test button to activate the sensor.
8. Repeat step 7 for RIGHT REAR followed by LEFT REAR tire in that order. The procedure is complete after the last tire has been trained. When training is complete, the message center (if equipped) will display TIRE TRAINING COMPLETE. For vehicles not equipped with a message center, successful completion of the training procedure is verified by turning the key to the OFF position without the horn sounding. If the horn beeps twice when the switch is turned to OFF the training procedure was not successful.

Lucas Hernandez

Reaction score
Hey I’m new to the forum. I have a 2010 expedition el with stock 17’s I just picked up some 2020 f150 20” wheels and was wondering if they should go on fine or if i need to make some adjustments with the hub caps or anything like that. i have only heard the hubcaps might not fit and you trim it on the back side, but would like some reassurance. thank you.

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey I’m new to the forum. I have a 2010 expedition el with stock 17’s I just picked up some 2020 f150 20” wheels and was wondering if they should go on fine or if i need to make some adjustments with the hub caps or anything like that. i have only heard the hubcaps might not fit and you trim it on the back side, but would like some reassurance. thank you.
That is correct, the ends of the rear axles need a very small amount trimmed off for the center caps to fit. That and changing the TPMS sensors for the correct frequency ones and you'll be good.