2018 Ford Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They turned The Expedition into a sissy SUV. I liked that the 1st Gen Expedition, was more like a truck. Now, it is a grocery getter, for women. It sits way too low. The running boards, look like they are wrong size. They hang way too low. I hate the knob gear shift. The front end is boring and should look more like the F150, not the Explorer. The bottom air dam, looks as low as car. How will that do in deep snow? It looks like the ugly, Tahoe, from the side. No diesel or V8? I do not want to pay for Wifi or Sync. I have been nursing my old model, waiting for this re-design. Man... what a disappointment!

Now that two years has passed do you still feel the Expy is pretty lousy? Gotta say it myself.....the Expy is amazing to drive and a pleasure to own.

Flexpy19

Reaction score
I own the Expy Max Plat and the Armanda Platinum and the Expy is light years ahead. I would agree the interior of the Armada is very upscale for the price, essentially a carbon copy of the QX80. Both are great cars, but if I could just pick one I would pay the extra $20k for the Expy.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is the perdect time for ford to capitalize on their fs suvs since gm are pushin theirs back a yr

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Personally I'm glad it doesn't look like an F-150.I'd hate to spend that much money on something and have it look like a pickup truck. I wouldn't have bought an expedition in 2017 but I'm very happy with the one I bought it's a good-looking vehicle and it does everything surprisingly well.The EcoBoost 3.5 l engine does a fantastic job of providing reasonable fuel economy with a strong power band and the 10-speed transmission make sure that you're always in the right gear.the independent rear suspension allows it to ride much better than my buddies suburban there's not even a contest as far as ride quality

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw my $0.02 in on this.

• The air dam while low, does not impede the vehicle in deep snow. I know this for a fact, I live in Northern Alberta.
  • I had the pleasure of driving a 2018 Explorer with the NA engine until I totalled it this past Feb. Then got to driving this 2018 Plati. and the Explorer was worse with fuel than this one. When I downsized to 18s for the winter the fuel econ went up on my Exploder but as soon as I put the 20's on it dropped. Of course if I put my foot into the Ecoboost, I will get worse econ, but on the highway I was besting the Explorer.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw my $0.02 in on this.

• The air dam while low, does not impede the vehicle in deep snow. I know this for a fact, I live in Northern Alberta.
  • I had the pleasure of driving a 2018 Explorer with the NA engine until I totalled it this past Feb. Then got to driving this 2018 Plati. and the Explorer was worse with fuel than this one. When I downsized to 18s for the winter the fuel econ went up on my Exploder but as soon as I put the 20's on it dropped. Of course if I put my foot into the Ecoboost, I will get worse econ, but on the highway I was besting the Explorer.
Ford was smart to make that air dam flexible! I have hit it on things several times now and it hasn't been affected. I was sure it would get ripped off in no time. Not saying you can't rip it off but I have been into it a few inches on rocks and other things and it hasn't been affected, just flexes an pops back. I am looking forward to giving it a go in the winter in the snow.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford was smart to make that air dam flexible! I have hit it on things several times now and it hasn't been affected. I was sure it would get ripped off in no time. Not saying you can't rip it off but I have been into it a few inches on rocks and other things and it hasn't been affected, just flexes an pops back. I am looking forward to giving it a go in the winter in the snow.
I just noticed that my "flexible air dam" is now cracked....FML.