2018 Ford Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When i replace my expy with another one(or nav) i would like to see the below features added to one or all of the trims:

-sec row center bench seat pull down cup holder with mini console

-second and third row window shades (sequoia has this and New explorer is getting sec row shades so ford better put them in the expy)

-second row heated and cooled seats

-heated third row seats

-brake auto hold

-add lane centering to the lane keep feature

-quad zone temp ctrl/or seperate ctrls in third row

-lock out feature for sec row audio ctrls

-bring back air suspension(with kneeling feature)

-full interior ambient lighting

-head up display

-cup holder coolers and heaters or heated center console

-optional sec row console with cpt chairs

-bring back audio and climate info in the instrument cluster with better map details for nav section

-folding trays in back of passenger seat

-more audio settings like compress, equalizer, etc.

If i think of some more i think ill add to the thread

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got my Navigator. There is definitely a lot less hidden storage space than the Sequoia. The jack in the Sequoia takes much less space. The little storage bin on the driver's side by the tailgate could be much bigger (look underneath at the wasted space that could be part of a storage compartment). I love my Navigator and it is light years ahead of my old Sequoia. But, the hidden storage is much better in the Sequoia.

The other thing the Sequoia excelled at was the location of the center 3rd row shoulder belt. It sticks down too low on the standard wheelbase Expedition/Navigator.

Yes, I knew about these issues prior to my purchase. I picked the Navigator because it is overall a far superior vehicle.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I sat on a 2019 sequoia and was surprised at how roomy and utilitarian it was. There were nooks and compartments everywhere. Very family friendly how everything was set up. I couldnt find the usb port though. Didnt get to drive it either.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Goin off of the comparison tests, the expy has been comin out on top and seq on the bottom. It seems competent but its the interior material and engine inefficiency that drops it down.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Goin off of the comparison tests, the expy has been comin out on top and seq on the bottom. It seems competent but its the interior material and engine inefficiency that drops it down.
For what it's worth:

A buddy of mine recently purchased a Seq and returned it a month later (I'm sure he had to sell it back not just show up with the receipt and pay a restocking fee or something). In any case, his chief/only complaint was that it was so small on the inside in comparison to how large of a vehicle it was. I have no idea how it compares to the Expi or the YukoBurbHoe on paper, I am just relating that they felt it was very much too small on the inside for a full size SUV.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On paper, it hss the most cargo capacity, second in people room only to expy, has the sec or third most powerdul engine depending on options of its competitors. Its very competitive and would probably be best truck 3 yrs ago. But tahoe and armada set new interior stds and the expy drastically raised everything else in a fs suv and left seq behind.

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Sequoia is comparable in interior space to the shorter wheelbase Ford products. It has more hidden interior storage. But, the Sequoia design is very dated. Minimal changes from my 2008 model.

I do miss the power tailgate window. It was great to push a button on the dash and have the window go down for backing at night, especially with a trailer. With Ford, you have to get out to open the window and get out to close it after you back up. The camera on the Ford is much better, so I do use the camera for backing except when I have a trailer. The trailer backing control does make it easier to back a trailer, although I have only used it twice so far.

The Sequoia reliability was very good. My Navigator is too new to comment. No initial problems on my Navigator aside from 1 chrome piece with minor damage that is being replaced.

I find the voice control for the navigation pitiful on the Navigator. the Sequoia did not have this feature. My Genesis uses Google and gets the destination right 95% of the time. But, it does require a subscription. The maps on the 2019 model are missing roads that were completed several years ago.

So far, I do not object to the auto stop/start. I do turn the ignition off before shifting into park to avoid an unnecessary start.