2018 on lot vs. waiting on my 2019 order?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MBudde

Reaction score
Let me start by saying I know I am impatient...

That said, I originally had placed an order for a 2018 Expedition Platinum, with all options added, about 2 months ago. The dealer told me a few weeks ago they fell behind in production because of the trailer/tow package and his rep suggested to cancel the order and order the 2019 if I wanted to trailer/tow included. I OK'd it and ordered the '19. I see there are not any changes outside of a new black color (Agate) with the 19's and I basically ordered the same exact vehicle.

I now see an identical vehicle to the one I originally ordered (2018) on another dealer's lot within 5 minutes from my house.

The impatient me wants to reach out and try to either A. get the dealer to transfer to his lot and sell me this one or B. cancel my order and go buy it from the other dealer.

OR do I wait for my 2019?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that dealer will wheel and deal and you can get a better deal I say go for the 18’. I’m impatient too so that’s what I got haha.

Yukon Joe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let me start by saying I know I am impatient...

That said, I originally had placed an order for a 2018 Expedition Platinum, with all options added, about 2 months ago. The dealer told me a few weeks ago they fell behind in production because of the trailer/tow package and his rep suggested to cancel the order and order the 2019 if I wanted to trailer/tow included. I OK'd it and ordered the '19. I see there are not any changes outside of a new black color (Agate) with the 19's and I basically ordered the same exact vehicle.

I now see an identical vehicle to the one I originally ordered (2018) on another dealer's lot within 5 minutes from my house.

The impatient me wants to reach out and try to either A. get the dealer to transfer to his lot and sell me this one or B. cancel my order and go buy it from the other dealer.

OR do I wait for my 2019?
5 minutes from your house?
Why you waiting? Go buy it. Dealers can trade, but you'll never get that great of a deal than if the car is on the lot you're buying from. Besides, you'll save about $5 to $10k AND have your Expedition NOW!!! :jawdrop:

@Yukon Joe

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
5 minutes from your house?
Why you waiting? Go buy it. Dealers can trade, but you'll never get that great of a deal than if the car is on the lot you're buying from. Besides, you'll save about $5 to $10k AND have your Expedition NOW!!! :jawdrop:

@Yukon Joe
Totally agree!. One would assume that you are going to pay full price for the 2019...

OP
OP
M

MBudde

Reaction score
Other issue I'm worried about is if I am on the hook at the original dealership after putting $ down for the ordered vehicle.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Other issue I'm worried about is if I am on the hook at the original dealership after putting $ down for the ordered vehicle.
Not usually, especially if you didn't sign anything. If you did sign something, I would just refer to that doc and see what it says. But usually it's not a problem.

When I ordered mine last November, they didn't even require a deposit and this was early in production when allocation was hard to come by. He said if I'd ordered something he'd have trouble moving (some weird color or equipment combo) he'd have charged me $100, but we didn't have to go down that road.