2018 Platinum, CCD shocks seem rough, "Drive Control Malfunction"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup, left the truck running with the message displayed on the center console. They saw it. They asked under what conditions it occurs. I told them the truth - usually within 1-10 minutes after starting the engine, regardless of speed or gear. If I had to guess, a loose/bad connection somewhere, or a hardware part gone bad.

They don't know what to check because there are no "codes" stored (DTCs).

I told them figure it out.

I hope they do. I'm starting to second-guess my desire to acquire a Navigator when the lease on this Expy is up next spring.

I told them to call Ford Corporate and speak with one of the engineers. They said "that won't do no good. they don't know shit".

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup, left the truck running with the message displayed on the center console. They saw it. They asked under what conditions it occurs. I told them the truth - usually within 1-10 minutes after starting the engine, regardless of speed or gear. If I had to guess, a loose/bad connection somewhere, or a hardware part gone bad.

They don't know what to check because there are no "codes" stored (DTCs).

I told them figure it out.

I hope they do. I'm starting to second-guess my desire to acquire a Navigator when the lease on this Expy is up next spring.

I told them to call Ford Corporate and speak with one of the engineers. They said "that won't do no good. they don't know shit".

The Jeep Wagoneer (in concept form) will be revealed soon. Depending on whats shown will be my decision when i make it back to the states.

OP
OP
N

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update: they were finally able to pull a code. Driver side front strut solenoid. Ordered the part. Let’s see if that fixes it.

OP
OP
N

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dealer replaced Driver Side Front strut (Ford Part# JL1Z18124D). So far, the vehicle is driving normally and the issue hasn't reoccurred.

This problem turned out to be tricky to pinpoint because the "Drive Control Malfunction - Service Required" error did not log any DTCs, so dealer didn't quite know where to look.

Hope this helps someone down the line.