2018+ Post Pictures Thread!- Lets see those shiny new trucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeFromDownSouth

Reaction score
Glad to see see Honda owners in here. Ours too was a 2011 Honda Pilot 4x4 Touring. The only thing I did to it was oil, brakes, batteries, tires flushing fluids that's about it. It had 145k, we went back and forth waiting for Honda or Toyota to come with a nice suv finally gave up after seeing the new highlander and never updating sequoia. And trust me, I tried to get the wife to like the new black edition pilot but there is just no comparison when it comes to the style, size and comfort the expy gives you. A lot folks like Ford so we decided to give a try, but hey we got the extended warranty just in case too. ;-)

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep, once I drove a few Expy’s with the CCD, I was sold.
I too was waiting on an all new Sequoia, that never came.

Plus I had good experience with my F150. In 18 years it only needed a few coil-on-plugs, an alternator and a fuel pump. That’s not bad for a domestic.
Err, and upper / lower control arms, tie rod ends—forgot about that. lol

Now it had it’s share of trim pieces broken, leaking sunroof (which caused water in the dash—hello possessed electronics that operate on their own!), seats coming apart , etc..

But, overall I was happy with the truck, so I decided to give Ford a shot.

JoeFromDownSouth

Reaction score
Looked at the landcruiser but the wife thought it was antiquated and the back cargo was small. Tried to sell her on that one too for sure but no dice. Expy won out.

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same.
I hunted for LandCruisers for months!
Drove at least six different ones.
That has always been a dream vehicle for me. And once I get to a point in my life where I’m not driving around kids and grandparents, I will have one.
The only thing that will survive a nuclear Armageddon is the cockroach and a LandCruiser.
They are over-engineered beyond belief and unstoppable.

Unfortunately, the room and comfort in the second row is not great for anything beyond local driving, the third row is small kids only—and only for short trips. Interior cargo space is tiny.
Couple that with tech that lags behind the rest of the industry by ten years, and it makes it difficult to swallow that price tag.

But I love that truck!!

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same.
I hunted for LandCruisers for months!
Drove at least six different ones.
That has always been a dream vehicle for me. And once I get to a point in my life where I’m not driving around kids and grandparents, I will have one.
The only thing that will survive a nuclear Armageddon is the cockroach and a LandCruiser.
They are over-engineered beyond belief and unstoppable.

Unfortunately, the room and comfort in the second row is not great for anything beyond local driving, the third row is small kids only—and only for short trips. Interior cargo space is tiny.
Couple that with tech that lags behind the rest of the industry by ten years, and it makes it difficult to swallow that price tag.

But I love that truck!!
You and me both. My plan is to drive the Expedition until the last kid is done with her undergrad and then buy a Land Cruiser which I'll have until I die.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You and me both. My plan is to drive the Expedition until the last kid is done with her undergrad and then buy a Land Cruiser which I'll have until I die.
We may look at them after ours are out of car seats/boosters or whatever is after car seats... that may put us around 2024. We really want something we can pull our overland trailer with deep into the middle of no where and not be worried about something tech related on our Navigator stranding us which, by then, will be 6 years old, over 100k, and out of extended warranty.