2018+ Post Pictures Thread!- Lets see those shiny new trucks!

Discussion in '4th Gen - 2018 - present' started by GTNator, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Spoiledhappywife

Spoiledhappywife Full Access Members

Silver18.jpg LOL, I was busted taking the photo. He asked me if I wanted to change to the standard length....LOL. Our owner changed from the white gold to the silver-- not sure why??

But here you go- Silver Limited. Our owner is still a little annoyed my car arrived first --maybe I should be happy I am still employed!!! ROFL

Sleepy650, Jeka and GTNator like this.
  2. GTNator

GTNator Supporting Member Supporting Member

Lol, that’s awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Artie

Artie Full Access Members

I get mine back from paint correction, ceramic coating, and tint so I’ll post some more of mine then.

4. Spoiledhappywife

When do you expect your car back?

I had the tint slightly darker than legal for Arizona. It's not too dark at all. :) Or it may be the fact that I leave the shade open on the sunroof all the time. :)

5. aggiegrad05

aggiegrad05 Full Access Members

I have gone down the rabbit hole of pricing tinting. Ive got quotes from $535 for putting ceramic on the whole vehicle (sunroof and windshiled included) all the way to $1035. People say 3M is the way to go, or they say 3M is crap and you need to go with Hooper (Huper?), or that stuff is crap you need to go with Mataco. And "don't go too dark on the sunroof or it will crack". Sheesh...I wish this was easier.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    GTNator likes this.
  6. Spoiledhappywife

I personally had the ceramic on my Explorer and having light hair and light eyes I thought it was going to make a difference for skin cancer, radio interference, etc. I never noticed anything different when owning it for the 4 years I had it. So working in the group, I spoke with our in-house tint expert -Mike take care of my tint and I have never had an issue. Our F150s aren't fortunate enough to be garaged so they face the brutal sunlight/elements. But no bubbling or issues. Just keep in mind everyone has an opinion -

Mike said in the Arizona sun, not to tint the sunroof because it can cause the glass to break? I haven't done it but honestly when it is an oven outside, I close the shade anyway. Good luck to you!

7. Artie

I get it back tomorrow, it looks like I left that part out of my previous post. I didn’t think about going darker than legal and leaving the sunroof uncovered, that would probably buy you a shade or two past legal.

8. Artie

I went with 3M ceramic on my Navigator this time and all windows excluding sunroof and windshield was $600. My previous car I had Huper Optik and it was great, I expect the 3M to be equally awesome. It’s impossible to research and get truly unbiased opinions, same with the ceramic coatings. I’ve found anything auto performance or appearance related ends up in a rabbit hole of frustration and in the end you end up trusting your gut and basing the decision on the person doing the install or selling the products. I may be mistaken but I think the Navigator windshield and sunroof have UV protectection, there is clearly something different when looking at them vs the untreated front door windows.

9. Spoiledhappywife

Not the best photos but I’m sitting here waiting to pick up kiddos from school... black interior 9E8A3904-4397-4DFA-B4CD-6BDECF62718C.jpeg B8C8EF73-0D27-4BB3-8349-8BFED1A946F4.jpeg 27D59C5A-B6AE-4C8C-B258-C3CF4DA7FE67.jpeg

517552D7-BADF-4725-95B4-86F26568552C.jpeg

Sleepy650, GTNator and Jeka like this.
  10. edizzle

edizzle Full Access Members

Nice!!!