2018+ Post Pictures Thread!- Lets see those shiny new trucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ugh.... ran up on the dang curb today while picking my mother-in-law up at the airport. First blood has been drawn. Gotta get this fixed, anyone on here have wheels repaired before?

View attachment 24613

I curbed mine last night. Went by Discount Tire this morning to check on the divot I took out of the tire (no problem, just cosmetic) and asked about repairing the wheel. He said they do have someone they can send wheels out to for repair. It takes a day to turn around, costs about $130, and they resurface the whole wheel so it blends the repaired area nicely. I'm going to wait and see how much the damage bothers me after a month or so, but wanted to share that there are national (and reputable) chains that offer repairs like this (aka you don't have to trust your wheels to "Bob's AA11 Wheel Repair" if you don't want to).

IMG_0222.JPG

Aquineas

Reaction score
I might look into those Weathertech mats. I have 4 and it looks like they'd be a great thing.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I curbed mine last night. Went by Discount Tire this morning to check on the divot I took out of the tire (no problem, just cosmetic) and asked about repairing the wheel. He said they do have someone they can send wheels out to for repair. It takes a day to turn around, costs about $130, and they resurface the whole wheel so it blends the repaired area nicely. I'm going to wait and see how much the damage bothers me after a month or so, but wanted to share that there are national (and reputable) chains that offer repairs like this (aka you don't have to trust your wheels to "Bob's AA11 Wheel Repair" if you don't want to).

View attachment 25975
Ah, good to know. I notice mine often but it doesn’t hurt as much anymore. When I get my first service I’m gonna ask the dealer if they know someone who can repair it. I’m not as upset anymore but it’s still the only ding on the vehicle but 6 months in I’d say that’s not so bad.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ah, good to know. I notice mine often but it doesn’t hurt as much anymore. When I get my first service I’m gonna ask the dealer if they know someone who can repair it. I’m not as upset anymore but it’s still the only ding on the vehicle but 6 months in I’d say that’s not so bad.

I told my wife I’d wait a month and see how I felt about it then...if I care less at that point, I may save my money for something else.