2018 Rear Entertainment Initial Feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, ripping DVDs is hard and once you do it, I’ve always lost some fast forward/rewind control too. It’s almost not worth it.

Has anyone used a dedicated iPod loaded with movies? I’m thinking of doing that instead of connecting my or my wife’s iPhone to the HDMI port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve never experienced any of the issues you are talking about and I have every Disney princess movie ripped onto an SD card that my girls watched on our road trip to MN for the holidays.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve never experienced any of the issues you are talking about and I have every Disney princess movie ripped onto an SD card that my girls watched on our road trip to MN for the holidays.

Weird. The software itself seems pretty easy to use, but for whatever reason, each rip of certain movies is coming with subtitles and giving me the F'n French version even when I select all the right options.

I reached out to their support on Friday, but have yet to hear back at all...yikes.

Flexpy19

Reaction score
Getting the RSE for my four boys. Do they sell additional headphones for the “way back” passengers?

mulrich

Reaction score
I finally got the audio delay fixed. I was accessing the settings menu using the touch controls on the monitor and couldn't find the audio delay option. Eventually I used the remote to access the settings menu and was surprised to see a different set of options, including adjusting the audio delay. I don't know why this option isn't available using the monitor controls but thankfully we haven't lost the remotes.

Now we need to find a simpler/faster way to actually select the movie audio to play over the car's speakers. Right now, we have to first go into the bluetooth settings and select the RES bluetooth to connect, then go back to the audio settings and change the source to bluetooth.
Even though the RES is set as the favorite, the system defaults to our phones whenever we turn on the car, so we have to go through this process anytime we play a movie (plus, when we turn on the car, the audio source goes back to FM so we also have to change the source back to bluetooth). Fortunately we only use the RES on long road trips so we don't deal with this often but it is still really annoying. There should just be a single button, 'Play RES Audio', that does all of the bluetooth and changing audio sources for you.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finally got the audio delay fixed. I was accessing the settings menu using the touch controls on the monitor and couldn't find the audio delay option. Eventually I used the remote to access the settings menu and was surprised to see a different set of options, including adjusting the audio delay. I don't know why this option isn't available using the monitor controls but thankfully we haven't lost the remotes.

Now we need to find a simpler/faster way to actually select the movie audio to play over the car's speakers. Right now, we have to first go into the bluetooth settings and select the RES bluetooth to connect, then go back to the audio settings and change the source to bluetooth.
Even though the RES is set as the favorite, the system defaults to our phones whenever we turn on the car, so we have to go through this process anytime we play a movie (plus, when we turn on the car, the audio source goes back to FM so we also have to change the source back to bluetooth). Fortunately we only use the RES on long road trips so we don't deal with this often but it is still really annoying. There should just be a single button, 'Play RES Audio', that does all of the bluetooth and changing audio sources for you.

Ford should really have a hardwired audio output from the RSE to Sync 3. How hard can this be? Obviously the people that designed it have never used it or have low expectations on functionality. I'll be interested to see if the 2020 Explorer has the same RSE with the bluetooth Audio issues. Shame on Ford if it does.

ExpyWeave

Reaction score
I agree with above...for $2K it is junk:( Like other aspects of the Expedition, but with the RES Ford could have done much better. We owned 3 Hondas prior, and their RES is lightyears ahead of Ford in functionality and quality.