Just purchased 23 - “audio off”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kkd1

Reaction score
Just purchased a new 23 expedition yesterday. As of today the screen says audio off. The audio button is grayed out and also grayed out in settings. There is an audio on button below it but does nothing when pressed. We have tried resetting. Pushing the power button on the knob. Pulling the fuses and putting them back. Checking that it’s not in valet mode. I can’t use any audio with radio, car play, to talk on the phone, nothing. Any things we haven’t tried that could possibly work or any one with a similar issue? We plan on taking it to the dealership but just wanted to see if there is something we don’t know!

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bring it to the dealer.
In the meantime press right arrow on steering wheel with volume down on wheel at the same time. Two opposing sides of the wheel.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was the audio working when you picked it up at the dealer?

Good point.

The dealership - and a service department employee, is paid to prepare the vehicle for delivery, ensuring every feature and component is operational when delivered.

BKuntry01

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Max Limited and mine just started this recently, anyone find a permanent solution? It’s seriously annoying. I will be getting rid of it if it can’t be fixed permanently.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the newer models and if the procedure is the same or not, but on the previous gen sync3 models you can do a soft reset with the power and seek right buttons.

BKuntry01

Reaction score
I’ve done this about 3 times, I’ve talked to a dealer, I’ve disconnected the battery, I can’t figure it out lol. Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205