2019 Coolant type?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does the 2019 eco boost need a specific flavor of coolant? Or can I just pick up the green prestone at the local autoparts place? I have had several jeeps and they all have required something special, orange and purple, hoat and oat, etc. Just curious if Ford is using all sorts of different types too? Its hard to tell what color is in the tank on mine and I am a bit color blind so whether it is looking orangish, yellowish, or greenish its hard to say?

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does the 2019 eco boost need a specific flavor of coolant? Or can I just pick up the green prestone at the local autoparts place? I have had several jeeps and they all have required something special, orange and purple, hoat and oat, etc. Just curious if Ford is using all sorts of different types too? Its hard to tell what color is in the tank on mine and I am a bit color blind so whether it is looking orangish, yellowish, or greenish its hard to say?
It looks Yellow to me

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2022 manual states:

Motorcraft® Yellow Prediluted Antifreeze/ Coolant(U.S.)

Specification: WSS-M97B57-A2

OP
OP
D

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I checked my manual when I got home and it is the Yellow stuff. It appears to a P-OAT style. I can't even begin to comment on what all the different versions mean/are, but I was hoping it would be the same as one of the jugs I already had in the garage.

I also need to try and figure out why I am a little low on coolant...must be a leak somewhere.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I checked my manual when I got home and it is the Yellow stuff. It appears to a P-OAT style. I can't even begin to comment on what all the different versions mean/are, but I was hoping it would be the same as one of the jugs I already had in the garage.

I also need to try and figure out why I am a little low on coolant...must be a leak somewhere.
If it is gradual over time, it could just be evaporation. If that is the case, I think it is recommended to add distilled water.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360