couple questions - 2020 vs. 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
5280tunage

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have thought about finding a place for something like this to charge my drones and have PD USB C.

Where is the built-in inverter? Have never really looked for it, but there should be a decent 12V source coming to the factory inverter that powers the 120V source in the center console. Maybe there's a convenient place on the center console, towards the rear of it, plus it's easy to get to, simply pop the entire piece off and you can easily work with it. Of course you likely wouldn't want to use the inverter and this at the same time, likely pop a fuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
. On this vehicle the entire logo of two cars and the light itself light up. It seems much brighter to me.

i couldn’t agree more - the tiny yellow light on the ‘18-‘19’s is basically useless. i would happily swap mine out for those with a warning light that can actually be seen & used.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I always preferred my old 2012 QX56 set up with the light inside the cabin.

View attachment 39659

yes! imagine that, it’s visible! and why ford put the light outside - but better yet, on the furthest outside area of the mirror - and the size of a pimple on mine. i mean, we can’t even see it already anyway so lets place it in a location even harder to see with peripheral.

OP
OP
5280tunage

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is nice, my previous vehicle was still in the mirror but it was much brighter, and flashed. Anyone know how the mirror glass is replaced on these? Do you have to take apart the whole mirror or are they like some older vehicles where it just pops off?

Just tried to do a quick search for the glass - looks like it's probably part number BL3Z-17K707-F as it shows heated and BLIS, but it says no trailer tow, which I do have the heavy duty trailer package but that may not matter. Issue is, these are $260 each, and you need two. So I think I'd likely hold off on this upgrade for now, lol. A lot of things I'd rather spend $500+ on.

Last edited:

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is nice, my previous vehicle was still in the mirror but it was much brighter, and flashed.

Pimple deal here on my 2019, too. My first vehicle to have this at all and I've found that it flashes when you signal and a vehicle is present, this grabs my attention for sure. I still do head checks by habit, so, that might be how I've noticed... Does it with the trailer, too, at the right points/accounting for side swiping someone with the trailer. I'd take the pimple vs nothing for sure. The bigger one I haven't experienced yet on a rental. I can see that being a noticeable improvement...

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just look for cars. Never trust that stuff anyway. My last 2014 Flex they often stayed on for days at a time.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett