2019 Exp Max vs Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMW2FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If they were that reliable, you probably wouldn't have owned "plenty" since you're driving all of these vehicles 200k+. :)
And we can pull surveys on any model car we want and find dirt but nothing drives as nice and precise as a BMW and most German cars. There’s a reason there sales are all up year over year for the past 20 years. I like my Expedition for many reasons and would happily fix it if something failed within reason since it does a lot many cars can’t. Same as all the others I’ve owned as well as my BMW’s. Conversing on the forums is fun and good for ideas but like I said earlier, nothing mechanical will never break. Just got to man up or shut up like you sig says and fix something once and a while just depends what’s it worth to you.

BrianM

Reaction score
My suggestion is, don't make decisions based on anecdotal accounts from a handful of owners. Spend $30 for a subscription to Consumer Reports online and compare reliability of vehicles based on actual data from surveys of 100s of thousands of owners. In the latest article on brand reliability, they include ratings of most of the cars for each brand. The Yukon and Tahoe have absolutely dismal repair records (2 out of 100 score), among the worst of all vehicles. Expeditions are slightly above average (55 out of 100). Suburbans aren't listed, so presumably they don't have enough survey data on them. Here's a link to the article, but not sure if you can read it without a subscription: https://www.consumerreports.org/car...who-makes-the-most-reliable-cars-a7824554938/

stimul8

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. I have a 2021 Max and I hate almost everything about it. I don't want to write out an entire essay about how all the features and designs are such crap failures. You'll know what I mean if you buy it, because you won't discover the issues with everything until after you own it. I'm almost to the point where I'd trade this car back in for the 2012 F150 I had before it, and they can keep the price difference just to get me out of it.

Emilner

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. I have a 2021 Max and I hate almost everything about it. I don't want to write out an entire essay about how all the features and designs are such crap failures. You'll know what I mean if you buy it, because you won't discover the issues with everything until after you own it. I'm almost to the point where I'd trade this car back in for the 2012 F150 I had before it, and they can keep the price difference just to get me out of it.
You seem to have an extreme minority view- while I have seen people with issues and dislikes, generally most everyone is happy with the trucks...

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are all in the same range and comparable. Most just go in for confirmation bias to mentally justify the purchase and join their respective automotive cult. That’s essentially what you are looking for here lol. They are all good vehicles and comparable as far as power and comfort, features. Buy whichever you prefer and enjoy it. Who cares what others think? Corporate doesn’t care about keyboard commandos who are brand loyal, they are trying to reach rational consumers. The Ford is a great and powerful truck, drive it and have some fun with it. You don’t need to justify choosing it over a GM lol. Just like you wouldn’t need to justify driving a Suburban.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you hate it, trade it, why keep it. Esp now how the market is, its prolli best to just sell it and grab a wagoneer or tahoe.

stimul8

Reaction score
If you hate it, trade it, why keep it. Esp now how the market is, its prolli best to just sell it and grab a wagoneer or tahoe.
I attempted to trade it the day after I got it. Problem is, you pay $70k for the car, put 5 miles on it, then they offer you $50k the very next day. Most I could get was $60k after trying 5 or so places. These just really lose value quickly. Expect 65% loss over 5 years. I tossed $35k going into it, and don't really want to lose $10k+ just to exit.

This is what happens when wife gets to choose vehicle.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On that note... Maybe I'll trade in the wife instead. Less of a loss.
We will keep that here.

Then what would you prefer if you had the choice?

My wife wants the new mdx, and I can tell you I am dreading that as I just don't like it.

We drove the denali, wife and I said no. The jeep dealer has a wagoneer but now they put it in the showroom, I dnt think the owner wants it to be driven much as they marked it over 100k and dnt want miles on it. I like the armada We have, but I dnt love it. When it's time to get another truck, I wouldn't know what to get other than the expy.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
HaHaHa! This comment is USELESS without the list of things you don't like about it.

"Features and designs are such crap failures" - Huh, what? Examples....we'll wait.

I have owned a 2015, 2017, and now a 2020, and loved each one of them. Probably would have owned the 2015 until 2020 but it was totaled.