2019 Expedition DTC P097D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

William Miller

Reaction score
Does any one know what DTC P097D means?

My Expedition went into limp home mode on my way home from work. The wrench and check engine lights are both on. Called the dealer and they can work me in on Monday. The truck is currently sitting in my driveway unable to move under its own power.

The LED light on the shift knob is orange and when it shifts into reverse or drive the letter on the knob flashes and the truck doesn’t move at all. After trying to move for a few seconds, a message displays on the productivity screen to shift into park.

I plan to call Ford Roadside Assist for a tow to my dealership.

I ran a scanner and see a DTC of P097D. I Googled the code but it’s marked as a reserved code with no further information. Does anyone know what Ford is calling a P097D?

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does any one know what DTC P097D means?

My Expedition went into limp home mode on my way home from work. The wrench and check engine lights are both on. Called the dealer and they can work me in on Monday. The truck is currently sitting in my driveway unable to move under its own power.

The LED light on the shift knob is orange and when it shifts into reverse or drive the letter on the knob flashes and the truck doesn’t move at all. After trying to move for a few seconds, a message displays on the productivity screen to shift into park.

I plan to call Ford Roadside Assist for a tow to my dealership.

I ran a scanner and see a DTC of P097D. I Googled the code but it’s marked as a reserved code with no further information. Does anyone know what Ford is calling a P097D?

I’m guessing since every other number around there is shift solenoid related that that is your issue. They have a scanner that picks up more codes than your local auto store scanner. Take it in and let them fix it

OP
OP
W

William Miller

Reaction score
16plati thank you. I was thinking the same as you based on the location of the code in the list. I was hoping someone on the board knew the exact DTC definition.

The truck is at the service department and I am waiting to hear the verdict.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
16plati thank you. I was thinking the same as you based on the location of the code in the list. I was hoping someone on the board knew the exact DTC definition.

The truck is at the service department and I am waiting to hear the verdict.
Let us know what they say! Hope it’s something minor