2019 Expedition Limited - Auto start/stop not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

chrissbu

Reaction score
I went through all of the modules with Forscan last night, and confirmed that it's not disabled in any of the programming. I guess my next step would be to take a drive with Forscan running and a dashboard configured with all of the inhibit indicators loaded up, so I can see what is preventing it.

And thanks @keny01998 - I'll take a look. It's a 2019 with 64k miles, so the original battery is definitely not as sprightly as new...I was going to take it over to Autozone and have them test the battery for me, just to get some more data.

2020-MAX-Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's what my 2020 AS/S display looks like when running and when stopped (along with the grayed out AS/S indicator).

Attachments

• IMG_2620.jpeg
    IMG_2620.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2622.jpeg
    IMG_2622.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 5

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That means the battery is low, this is what mine said when we purchased it used and it had been sitting for a month. After charging mine no longer says that.

OP
OP
C

chrissbu

Reaction score
I've charged mine overnight a couple of times, and the Auto StartStop screen remains completely blank :( We're working through a few other things, so we'll see

Old Dog

Reaction score
I had a 2019 Raptor that had the same issues after about 3 years. Ford put a new battery in and reset the BMS. Fixed the auto start problem. Cost was $210 out the door.

Jamaican Cruiser

Reaction score
I had similar issues which all went away when I put the battery on charger overnight. I have found out that many of the systems especially in the platinum edition goes into "deep sleep" when the battery runs low and the only way to regain then is a fully charged battery. I have been mostly doing short trips back and forth to work and the batter never really recharges enough in the winter time.

OP
OP
C

chrissbu

Reaction score
We just ordered a new battery, which will be here later this week. Even on the charger, it wasn't resolving the issue. And my even after a weekend of longer (1.5 hour) trips, the battery was still showing 40% charged when I got home and hooked it up to the charger. So we'll see if that helps resolve the start/stop and a couple of other little gremlins.

Av8r

Reaction score
I'm just curious....

Does your auto unlock work on the passenger doors?

We also have a 2019 XLT. And I think that when the battery is not fully charged the unlock at the passenger door handles does not work. It works just fine on the driver's door, just not the other doors.

Ours is currently not unlocking when grabbing the handle, and it's kind of a, 1st world problem, pain when I'm carrying my 2 yr old and the car doesn't unlock when I grab the handle.

OP
OP
C

chrissbu

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the auto-unlock is working fine, as no one seems to have an issue exiting the vehicle ;)

New battery came today...once my wife gets home this afternoon, I'll see if I can swap it out. Fingers crossed :D

Av8r

Reaction score
I mean getting into the car with it locked. With the vehicle locked, and the fob in your pocket, try to open the rear passenger door from the outside.

Mine no longer unlocks when grabbing the handle. I think it is also related to a dying battery.