2019 Expy - Towing Screen on Start-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bear1209

Reaction score
In my 2019 Expy we have the digital screen in the gauge cluster. When we first bought it (used) the screen would always come back as we left it, which was usually one of our "favorites" screens. However, I recently added a trailer to the towing option, and now the towing screen always shows on start-up. This happens even when we shut the car off while on another. Even when a trailer is not connected, the towing screen always shows on start-up. I have searched through the settings with little luck. Has anyone experienced this or know how to adjust/fix?

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In my 2019 Expy we have the digital screen in the gauge cluster. When we first bought it (used) the screen would always come back as we left it, which was usually one of our "favorites" screens. However, I recently added a trailer to the towing option, and now the towing screen always shows on start-up. This happens even when we shut the car off while on another. Even when a trailer is not connected, the towing screen always shows on start-up. I have searched through the settings with little luck. Has anyone experienced this or know how to adjust/fix?
You need to go in and select 'No Trailer' or something like that.

You probably disconnected the trailer when the vehicle was turned off. Very common issue. I have done it too many times to count. LOL

OP
OP
B

Bear1209

Reaction score
You need to go in and select 'No Trailer' or something like that.

You probably disconnected the trailer when the vehicle was turned off. Very common issue. I have done it too many times to count. LOL
Thanks Lou. That exactly what I did since I don't like disconnecting a trailer with exhaust blowing in my face. I'll check to see if there is a "no trailer" option, but will otherwise connect/disconnect the trailer while running.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Lou. That exactly what I did since I don't like disconnecting a trailer with exhaust blowing in my face. I'll check to see if there is a "no trailer" option, but will otherwise connect/disconnect the trailer while running.
You just need to unplug the 7-pin before you turn off the Expy. You don't have to do a full unhitching while it is turned on.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does this only happen to trailers that you have input into the system with the checkered sticker and all that jazz?
I have never had this happen and plug and unplug trailers in all states of running and not running? I do not use the fancy back up stuff in the expy though, I just do it the old school way. I have thought about trying to set the stuff up just to see how it works but I don't want to do it if it causes all these issues?