2019 Ford Expedition 3rd Brake Light question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. I'm a do it yourself guy and try to save money any way I can. This morning I attempted to take my car in to get an inspection sticker, thanks WV. It failed due to a faulty 3rd brake light. They wanted to charge approx 370 to repair.

With that being said, could I get a part number for this piece, as well as a general teardown procedure to remove/ replace the part?

Any help given is greatly appreciated. I will continue to update this thread with any info I come up with that will help the next guy.

Thank you,
James

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First question is are you still under 3/36 or do you have an extended warranty? Should be covered.

gural

Reaction score
I will contect to this topic
Do any one know there exactly cabel from turn signal and brake light (which goes to back/ tail lamp of the car) connects together??
Or some one have a schema/ diagram of this connection

BestRegards

OP
OP
P
Reaction score
I'm still looking for info that can help me get access to remove/replace the 3rd Brake Light. I pulled some trim panels but it doesn't seem clear at the moment.
If anyone has done anything to the rear hatch or that area and have the pictures with pieces exposed, please share them.

Thank you
James

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm still looking for info that can help me get access to remove/replace the 3rd Brake Light. I pulled some trim panels but it doesn't seem clear at the moment.
If anyone has done anything to the rear hatch or that area and have the pictures with pieces exposed, please share them.

Thank you
James

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Thank you
James

Do you see three access holes to stick a socket in there and unfasten the 3 retaining screws ?

65fa12d4756ed9ba2012818d8b45c7cb.png

Expy 4th Gen Brakelight.JPG

OP
OP
P
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have not.
I may have to take the entire lift gate apart from the truck but won't do so until I have no more options.
I have looked at all these pictures/and other posts. One mentions it but the links are bad. The entire website is down. I was hoping for some guidance from someone who has attempted this repair.