2019 less than 11000 miles and 3 out of 4 shocks leaking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rscpa

Reaction score
Took my 2019 Expy to dealer yesterday as there was fluid leaking on the floor. They diagnosed three out of four shocks leaking and need to be replaced. I know that is not normal, any one else have issues like this??

This is our 3rd Expedition over 20 years owning and never had to replace even one shock. Any ideals...?

Last edited:

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lots of folks are having the same issue with the 4th Gen. MY18 seems to have it the most.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took my 2019 Expy to dealer yesterday as there was fluid leaking on the floor. They diagnosed three out of four shocks leaking and need to be replaced. I know that is not normal, any one else have issues like this??

This is our 3rs Expedition over 20 years owning and never had to replace even one shock. Any ideals...?
Search the form a little

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

This is our 3rs Expedition over 20 years owning and never had to replace even one shock. Any ideals...?

Quality is no longer Job 1.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only differences between the year models as of now is mostly cosmetic upgrades. Body and equipment issues from 2018 on seem to be universal.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's insane. Maybe recall number 55? At some point this should be considered dangerous. A failing suspension can lead to disasters on the highway. City it's probably fine, but man... Sorry to hear about your issues, now the big question. Are the replacement shocks on 60 day backorder? Others on here have been delayed a lot.

Mlarv

Reaction score
My wife had a 2014 Wangler she drove it off the lot. It was the normal Pavement Queen. It had all 4 shocks replaced under warranty at about 12K miles. The TIPM replaced at 10K 15 K and 20 K miles. At 30 K miles two of the four springs had busted and it needed shock again. I replaced them all with after market. At 35K miles the TIPM went out again under warranty. They said if I keep using it off road thy will not replace it again. I pointed to the nice clean frame and asked them to show me an ounce of dirt or any rock scratches. They couldn't. I trade that POS the first time my wife went out of town after that.

Sorry so long. I have seen shocks go bad at 5K mile with many more never going bad. If mine go I will replace with aftermarket and keep on moving.

Ford didn't make the shock they bought them just like you or I would. They spec them and say this is what we want, they send them out for bids. A company comes along and says we can do it for this much money. Ford agrees to it the other company agrees to it. if the shocks are going bad or leaking then it is not Fords fault, but the company that made them. Ford entered the agreement on good faith, just like you did when you bought the truck. Now if Ford said sorry we are not going to fix it then that would be on Ford. If Ford fixes them then Ford lived up to its good faith promise and did the right thing.

Seems to me like Ford needs to get onto their suppler and get this fixed. Anyone know who is the MFG of these shocks? That is whom to blame.