2019 Model actual MPG way lower than expected

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Picked up 19 platinum 4x4 two weeks ago. I'm freaking out. - the computer says I'm averaging 11.7 mpg - this is my wife's car and she does not even know how to put the thing in sports mode or turn off the start / stop feature and she does not speed - pick up kids drop off kids - every time I get in the car the gas is down huge - I traded ina MB GL 550 (twin turbo v8). With 305 22 tires and we were getting about 16-17mpg - if these numbers are real - Fors is going to have problems - class action if they stay around these numbers

Are you looking at life avg or trip avg? Ppl seem to get these confused when posting their numbers. Also, if you only had it for 2 wks, most likely its not broken in. Took 6 mnths and 5k miles to break mines in. My mpg is stellar for this class of vehicle.

KOPIER

Reaction score
I just drove about 2 miles in 2h - as slow as I can not going more than 40 - and it says 9.9 mpg

KOPIER

Reaction score
Something has to be wrong - no way this is getting 11.8 without sport or 4x4 -what do you guys think??

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Something has to be wrong - no way this is getting 11.8 without sport or 4x4 -what do you guys think??
I think you need to stop looking at your dash for MPG and fill your tank, reset your trip, drive till empty and refill. Divide gallons on refill into miles driven and see what you got.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First off, you need to look at your tires since you e got a dash light in for them. Under inflated is going to lower ur mpg. Second, something has to be off bc with half a gas tank only netting u 160 miles is weird. Not sure about 4th gens but both my 2016 Expeditions easily get 450-500 miles per tank. If your driving in 4 anything your going to lose mpg. And if your using anything less than 91 you’ll be losing mpgs

KOPIER

Reaction score
First off, you need to look at your tires since you e got a dash light in for them. Under inflated is going to lower ur mpg. Second, something has to be off bc with half a gas tank only netting u 160 miles is weird. Not sure about 4th gens but both my 2016 Expeditions easily get 450-500 miles per tank. If your driving in 4 anything your going to lose mpg. And if your using anything less than 91 you’ll be losing mpgs

Lol - the tire light is on because I had some loaners put on yesterday - getting my platinum wheels powder coated gloss black - also I use 91 all the time - just used to it from the GL550! I thought the same thing on the gas tank - when full tank it says 250-260 miles to empty - when we got the car it said 325-350 something in that range. Weird stufd

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol - the tire light is on because I had some loaners put on yesterday - getting my platinum wheels powder coated gloss black - also I use 91 all the time - just used to it from the GL550! I thought the same thing on the gas tank - when full tank it says 250-260 miles to empty - when we got the car it said 325-350 something in that range. Weird stufd
Yeah I’d have it checked bc that’s not right.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s also brand new...your mpg will increase after the first 5000 miles or so. It’s not going to double or anything, but it will improve.