2019 Model actual MPG way lower than expected

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What do you get around town in sport?

I don’t really care about the gas $$$. Gotta pay to play...but it’s just odd to me Ford is so married to the idea of a smaller engine with blowers...Why not throw a big v8 in it...get the same gas mileage, never overwork the engine and get a nice exhaust note...

And no. I’m not a GM guy so I’m not bashing.

I dont drive it around in sport enough to know what mileage i get using it unfortunately.

I honestly think ford should offer the 5.0v8 as well as the 2.7l v6 in the expy. I guess its hard to put the v8 in ot when the v6 is such a critical darling. But if ford put a v8 in the expy and navi, i think theyd eclipse gm in fs suv sales.

Suvdude2000

Reaction score
I dont drive it around in sport enough to know what mileage i get using it unfortunately.

I honestly think ford should offer the 5.0v8 as well as the 2.7l v6 in the expy. I guess its hard to put the v8 in ot when the v6 is such a critical darling. But if ford put a v8 in the expy and navi, i think theyd eclipse gm in fs suv sales.

Would make sense. I’m likely going to try out a Navi but for that price point I’d really prefer an 8.

BUT most people who own either (at least where I am) are moms. I can’t imagine they care about what under the hood. At least not enough to make up the massive gap in sales between ford/Lincoln and gmcs/Chevy/caddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

S13ka24de

Reaction score
I just feel ford fraud me from buying something thays 14mpg while they say its 17+. I do very light driving most of the time. Best i can hit is 14.8mpg i think. I have the short black edition. No loads, 1/3 traffic rest is highway around 65mph. I shoulda gotten a srt durango.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My experience has been that I get about the same average mileage driving my 2019 4X4 (HD towing Pkg.) Expedition as I did from my 2010 4X4 F-150 5.4 pickup. I don't necessarily drive in an economical way, but I don't drive like a moron either. I hand-calculated mileage on the F-150 for the first 90K miles and averaged 14.9 mpg. I haven't done any hand calculated mileage checks on the Expedition, and it is way more fun to take advantage of the boost, and the dash is telling me that I'm averaging 15.8 mpg. Realistically, given the type of use it sees, I never thought It'd be this high.

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IMG_3455.JPG IMG_3454.JPG I was thinking of this thread when I checked my mileage this morning. I am no easy driver and I've towed some short trips in the over 9000 mile measurement. This is on a 17 EL 4x4 with 6 speed and 3.73 gear ratio. It'd be better if it had 3.31. Lately I've been putting in 93 octane but there is a lot of 87 in trip 1.

So I can't understand the low mpg you are getting in the new ones with 10speed transmission and newer generation motor. Unless you are accelerating hard every time or carrying extra weight, keeping in 4 wheel drive or towing. It's eco or boost, your choice.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 29908 View attachment 29909 I was thinking of this thread when I checked my mileage this morning. I am no easy driver and I've towed some short trips in the over 9000 mile measurement. This is on a 17 EL 4x4 with 6 speed and 3.73 gear ratio. It'd be better if it had 3.31. Lately I've been putting in 93 octane but there is a lot of 87 in trip 1.

So I can't understand the low mpg you are getting in the new ones with 10speed transmission and newer generation motor. Unless you are accelerating hard every time or carrying extra weight, keeping in 4 wheel drive or towing. It's eco or boost, your choice.
Damn Thts low. I have a 16 el platinum 4x4 with the 3.73s lifted with 35s and a custom 93 oct performance tune and get 21

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Damn Thts low. I have a 16 el platinum 4x4 with the 3.73s lifted with 35s and a custom 93 oct performance tune and get 21

Did you adjust your speedometer/odometer for the larger diameter tires? In my old Jeep Wrangler days we had to put in a different speedometer gear to adjust for larger tires.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why not throw a big v8 in it...get the same gas mileage, never overwork the engine and get a nice exhaust note...
Weight, packaging, and performance at altitude. The lower the weight, the more available payload. The shorter the engine, the more interior room.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you adjust your speedometer/odometer for the larger diameter tires? In my old Jeep Wrangler days we had to put in a different speedometer gear to adjust for larger tires.
Yes my sct x4 does that

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ive been averaging 21mpg on short trips back and forth to work with my 2018 tow pack 4x4. It gets great milage in my opinion. It made 25.5 mpg on a long trip I ran it on. I can't expect anymore than that from a huge heavy vehicle!